Best "FootPrint" charting?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by CyJackX, Feb 12, 2017.

1. CyJackX

CyJackX

Everybody's got a version of these, which if you don't know, is basically a candlestick with all of its constituent trades broken down and graphed by bid/ask/volume.

MarketDelta,Sierra Charts, Jigsaw, Gomi...

I have some coding experience, so I'm tempted to code one myself, but some of them, like Gomi, aren't too expensive that I wonder how many man-hours I'd lose anyway trying to match its quality. Anybody have any experience or insight on the different brands or providers?

2. ET180

ET180

I think market profile sounds promising. There's a podcast by ShadowTrader that I occasionally listen to / watch. I think it actually works, but I never spent enough time to really understand the different patterns. A year or two ago, I even coded up a basic market profile which I occasionally look at on the daily time frames. I also made my own market delta many years ago, but I didn't really find it to be very useful as bid / ask volumes did not seem to be predictive of price, rather they mirrored price. Not to say that it does not work, just that I did not spend enough time with it to get it to work for me.

upload_2017-2-12_22-44-43.png