Best Foods to Eat (Health-wise)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Swordsman, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Swordsman,

are you going to use science to help you eat wisely..

or are you going to listen to idiots like THIS who already said they don't care how long they live?

:D

#41     Mar 18, 2008
  2. me too! sometimes i'll eat 2 servings worth (usually a full can) which is like 130% of the daily fiber needed and then drink 2 or 3 glasses of water to make sure it gets through the system ok :)

#42     Mar 18, 2008
  3. PMID: 8644684: Comparison of the effects of diets enriched in lauric, palmitic, or oleic acids on serum lipids and lipoproteins in healthy women and men.

We conclude that both lauric and palmitic acids are hypercholesterolemic compared with oleic acid. Lauric acid raises total cholesterol concentrations more than palmitic acid, which is partly due to a stronger rise in HDL cholesterol.

Coconut oil is 47% Lauric acid, 18% Myristic and 9% Palmitic acid..

worse than BEEF!

maybe you don't care what your cholesterol is.. start jugging it LOL

:D

#43     Mar 18, 2008
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

"FULL CAN"??? poor thing :D

let me know where to ship a box of the real deal....

#44     Mar 18, 2008
  5. I would buy dry black beans but there is supposedly no nutritional difference.

A full can in one sitting is a decent amount of beans, if you eat more than that than my hat is off to you and I pray no one has to sleep with you that night if you know what I mean :D

#45     Mar 18, 2008
  6. client#9

client#9

I think most anything in a can is loaded with sodium. Not a good thing.

#46     Mar 18, 2008
  7. Beans are also good for some protein...chick peas are my favorite.

#47     Mar 18, 2008
  8. You are right, excellent point.

#48     Mar 18, 2008
  9. Hippocrates said 25 centuries ago, "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food."

:cool:

#49     Mar 19, 2008
    #50     Mar 19, 2008