Best financial advice I heard regarding trading courses

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by helpme_please, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Bear this in mind before attending 2 to 3 days trading/investing courses that cost thousands of dollars. Even the most expensive Ivy League college degrees don't cost that much when measured on an hourly basis.

[​IMG]

2. TheBigShort

TheBigShort

This is not always true. Some professors for example, could make a lot more money full time at private institutions. Some people have a passion for teaching. There are also a ton of perks to teaching. Low stress, the amazing feeling of seeing a mentee become successful, talking about what you love (instead of being in an office glued to the screens) with new people etc...

Creating a mentorship program is also entrepreneurial and that comes with it's own perks and challenges.

You also have to think about how much some of these guys are making. Tim Sykes for example (i am not saying his stuff is good) charges 5k a course and claims he has taught over 10k students. How long do you think it would have taken him to make $50 million in a capacity constraint strategy like penny stocks (assuming he is legit)?

Lastly trading, has many risks and some months you might not get paid! That might not be what the 35 year old who has just started a family wants! So he is transferring his risk to his/her "students".

With all that said. 99% of people are scammers BUT there are some exceptional people who will teach you how to fish rather than give you a fish (unfortunately what most people are looking for).

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    eurotrader23, Pekelo, qlai and 2 others like this.
  3. Metamega

Metamega

That tweet goes right along with the video I posted. I think theirs some truth out there, theirs definetly a lot of info out there that has put me in a better direction then when I started.

Edit: of course is this stuff was all free that I’ve used. Problem is people tend to take something more serious if they pay for it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    qlai likes this.
  4. traider

traider

Doesn't that validate the OP theory? Capacity constraint strategy taught to public means only a few can benefit. So in the end not worth the course fee.

5. I would hate to derail some else’s thread, but the absurdity of making 50 million dollars selling penny stock courses has to be reined in. That simply cannot be the case.

6. Even more ridiculous is the claim made by these financial trainers that they want to give back to society after becoming rich. They claim they want to help other people escape the drudgery of work and make the world a better place through their courses. How can they do that by getting rich at the expense of their students? If they're so kind, they can always contribute to forums like elitetraders free of charge and make quality posts free of charge. Why charge thousands for a few days course? Even the most expensive professors in Ivy League colleges don't charge this kind of exorbitant rates.

7. traider

traider

You either bankrupt as a trader, or live long enough to see yourself become a financial educator.

joker542 likes this.
  8. Chartart

Chartart

Well ,I personally think it is not my moto

9. Heard this before put in different words, "those who can't, teach". Exactly my suspicion with going to that free one day Online Trading Academy sales pitch. I left without signing up for the paid sessions.

10. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I love to go to those things -- they have the *greatest* cookies.
    And it's like a graduate seminar in Fraud. It's like Suckerdom 502 or something. And I get a fresh charge of anger, when I look around the room at all the dupes lined up for the fleecing. I take *ferocious* notes, as if I were setting up to appear as a witness at a coming trial, and I underline and outline how the horrible miss-leads are strung together.

Did I mention the cookies?

#10     Jan 14, 2019
    MeAgainstTheWorld likes this.