Best Exceution/Routing Choice for Breadth of energy products?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by comintel, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Lornz

Lornz

I do read too much, but that doesn't change that there are qualitative differences with regard to data and order routing. Depending on one's trade frequency, the differences might be inconsequential. But they do exist...

I will retire from this thread now.

#11     Aug 11, 2011
  2. ok thanks Lorentz.i`ll see you in anothere life then..

#12     Aug 11, 2011
  3. heech

heech

I have personally traded brent options on Rithmic, so it's certainly available. I'm also sure you can get every instrument under the sun with TT.

I had a real issue with the accuracy of the TT interface I tried thru Advantage, however.... Whereas Rithmic has been professional (if not flawless) and a pleasure to work with every step of the way.

#13     Aug 11, 2011
  4. I see Mirus is in the partner`s list on the Rithmic website.Why Mirus doesn`t offer Rithmic as a data feed?

#14     Aug 11, 2011
  5. heech

heech

ZenFire, offered/developed by Mirus, is a repackaged version of Rithmic.

#15     Aug 11, 2011
  6. doesn`t mean it is the same?or worse?

#16     Aug 11, 2011
  7. It is the same code and basic architecture but Mirus runs their own white-label copy on their own servers.

People generally prefer the original.

#17     Aug 11, 2011
  8. so what is the difference between zen, rithmic or cqg or anything else?isn`t it the same,overalls?

#18     Aug 11, 2011
  9. Not at all.

TT, CQG and Rithmic are completely separate and unrelated execution and connectivity infrastructures with their own connectivity and colocations at major exchanges worldwide.

Rithmic and Zen use the same Rithmic code but different infrastructures so they would be compared on cost, reliability, performance. and exchanges offered.

These are major major issues as these execution providers provide sub-millisecond execution and extraordinary levels of reliability. That is why people pay extra to use these offerings.

#19     Aug 11, 2011
  10. Let`s say if i`m interested in trading Eurex exclusively.What combination whould be more appropriate?

#20     Aug 11, 2011