Best Electronic Trading Venue for Spot FX

Discussion in 'Forex' started by CPTrader, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Just to clarify, FastMatch is a new ECN launched by FXCM and Credit Suisse. It is based on the technology underpinning the world’s largest equities crossing system, the Credit Suisse Crossfinder matching engine, re-tooled and tailored to the needs of the global FX markets. As such, one of the defining elements of FastMatch is the speed of the matching engine itself, one that performs significantly faster than other FX matching engines currently available. Institutional traders who would like more details can contact the FXCM Pro desk.

#31     Aug 20, 2013
  2. how we love American-style biggest, best, greatest. Having worked in this industry for quite a while I can tell you that CS's Crossfinder by far is not the largest equities matching engine. And one does not "retool" an equity matching engine to suit an ENTIRELY different asset class, it is much cheaper to start one from scratch, which is the precise reason there are different engines with very different base architectures for different asset classes.

But as you offered, we would love to hear more details other than glossy exaggerations. How about performance numbers, details about latencies in risk checks, matching, liquidity, number and names of liquidity providers. Hardly any detail is provided in the links you provide. Care to please offer more details for the community at large so everyone can benefit? I have no interest to get in touch with any providers who cannot publicly offer such details.

#32     Aug 20, 2013
  3. I think CME Europe could be a nice option too in the future, if they can get enough liquidity. They are supposedly starting in September.

Contract specs are way better than what they have on Globex right now. All pairs are quoted in half-ticks, so its instantly 50% cheaper for takers. Also, all contracts are 100K base ccy units - no more 2x commissions on 6B. And PnL is in the quote-ccy, so usd/jpy for example wont have inverted quotes like currently on the cme.

#33     Aug 21, 2013
  4. peleus

peleus

Guys, what platforms are you using? I was thinking about MT5 but everything seems quite new from MT4. [​IMG]

#34     May 18, 2014
  5. It's an old thread.

These guys are all using custom, or maybe Deltix.

#35     May 18, 2014