Best Electronic Trading Venue for Spot FX

Discussion in 'Forex' started by CPTrader, Apr 6, 2013.

1. nitro

nitro

I can tell you that the differences are immense. If you do size, they treat you like royalty. If not, you get the same shit feed everyone else does. $50M a day is not bad, just nothing to write home about. I am talking $250M a day to YARDS a day. I have seen both, on a huge number of providers.

Got to ECN. It is the only hope for a trader your size.

#21     Aug 18, 2013
  2. Nitro, I am aware of everything you said, please let me know if my question was that poorly worded. This is not a pissing contest, I do not mind you trade 100 times my size or not. You sounded authoritative on FxAll and other liquidity providers that is why I asked at what order levels you generally witness what kind of spread widening. It is ok if you do not know out of the top of your head.

#22     Aug 18, 2013
  3. koolaid

koolaid

who would you guys say is a best to decent broker for FX for traders trading anywhere from 1 to 50 lots...in the US.

#23     Aug 18, 2013
  4. Many brokers define a lot differently.

1 lot = ???

#24     Aug 18, 2013
  5. koolaid

koolaid

sorry, I was always under the impression that 1 lot=100,000$.

#25     Aug 18, 2013
  6. def

def Sponsor

Of course I'm biased but if you are looking for a true ECN experience with well capitalized firm, I'd suggest you consider IB.

spreads on the majors are often 1/2 pip wide, you can work orders and will easily accommodate the size you're mentioning. If you do want to do more than 25mm regularly please feel free to send me a PM as we can enable some additional functionality, such as quote request, to assist.

#26     Aug 19, 2013
  7. Anyone here working with LCG FX. They seem to offer access to a variety of trading platforms like: Currenex, FXAll, Integral, HotSpotFXi, EBS.

I've seen lately on their website a new electronic platform FastMatch but couldn't figure if it's a standalone liquidity provider or it's gathering together the liquidity from all the above trading platforms.

Anyone familiar with them?

#27     Aug 19, 2013
  8. Fastmach is yet another of the dozen or so new ecn platforms trying to get a piece of the institutional cake. Its a jointventure between FXCM, SocGen and BNY Mellon.

They have 3 different what they call 'trading rooms': retail(mostly liquidity provision for broker clients and what is considered friendly flow), institutional (supposedly for hft clients, slightly wider spreads than retail) and interdealer(doubt they do a whole lot of business).

#28     Aug 19, 2013
  9. me too

#29     Aug 19, 2013
  10. nitro

nitro

Like I said, it depends on your feed. It also depends on the symbol. EURUSD USDJPY etc are going to be able to swallow tons of volume, whereas USDSEK would obviously not.

From what we have seen, FXALL has great liquidity, but I don't know if that should mean anything to you?

#30     Aug 19, 2013