Best Discount Futures Broker?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by NYSE Trader, Nov 1, 2002.

1. I'm looking to start trading futures again (mostly CL contracts and options)...can anybody advise a good, low commission broker?

Thanks!

2. interactivebrokers.com, but they only trade currency, metal, interest rate, and index futures (And the comin Single Stock Futures as well). Have a look around, see if they have what you need. They charge 2.40 a side. I've been using them for 4 months now, I like em

3. Don't want to pump, but... I trade with one of Refco's division/ib. Members of this board will agree with me that their customers support is top notch, 'one ring' phone call.
    Commission is much steeper than IB, they varied from about 16 to 22$ rt for self directed traders. If you moved your account from another firm, you may bargain for a cheaper commish.
    Hope this help.

Cheers!! :)

4. J-Law

J-Law

IB sounds good but they are limited in the contracts you can trade. Anyone know of a good firm that you can trade the grains or meats with??

Spreads ???

5. I'm currently looking at expresstrade.com because of their fees ($8-$11 per side)...aybody used them? also checking out lind-waldock.

Thanks for the posts.

6. Is that accurate? You really can't trade grains or spreads with IB?

Try Refco or Fimat for really first class service. I have used these guys for years, they know what they're doing.

Another little piece of advice is that you really want to stay with a FCM as opposed to an Intro. Broker. It will pay off for you in the long run.

Regards,
    Dr. Zhivodka

7. Can't agree with the FCM being better than IB. Doubt very much you will be satisfied with the same broker for grains and CL.

Better to have a Chi and a NY broker.

Grains now trade ace, and not sure what the merc/nymex crude status is now, but electronic crude is just moments away if not already here.

$4.80 can make up for a lot. I know there are traders here who have traded grain there. I haven't, but if I was going to do it again, I would just change my style so electronic trading somehow works.

8. Dr. Zhivodka,
    I am with Gamma Futures, a 'division' of Refco. I don't know if that's their way to say i.b.
    What are the reasons for not trading with i.b.? $ insured? could disappear tomorrow? because so far, I am quite happy with this 'division of Refco'.
    All my statements are marked REFCO, therefore I presume their clearing house is Refco, and my trading plateform is Refco Live/Express, for the rest, I have no clues.

Thanks for your inputs.

Cheers!! :confused:

9. "e-miNY" crude contracts are now trading