Best directional SPY options trading strategy

Discussion in 'Options' started by turco_directo, Oct 9, 2016.

1. I love deep OOM. S&P on average isn't predictable enough for me to trade consistently. Maybe once or twice a week I'll see a sign that I could capitalise on. Risk/Reward ratio is low, gives a huge edge. I shoot to be correct 2/3 times. It's a huge edge.

#11     Oct 27, 2016
    ironchef likes this.
  2. OOM ?

#12     Oct 27, 2016

3. He is another call options professor

#13     Oct 27, 2016

4. So you are buying s and p after oversold and selling after overbought ?

Sounds a profitable strategy , since s and p is has the wall street circuit breakers , fed put and helipcopter money from central banks , with inherent desire for growth with money printing.

#15     Oct 29, 2016
  5. I use weekly options to add leverage and reduce the capital required. I always trade at the money call or put that’s going to expire at the end of the week. This option normally has a delta around .50, which means that if the SPY moves a $1.00 the option will increase (or decrease) in value by $0.50—a 50% return if the option you are buying costs $1.00.

the decay will kill this strategy

#18     Oct 31, 2016
  6. monkey2.jpg
    This free strategy had made money historically .

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    #19     Oct 31, 2016
  7. so very true - you post anything constructive on et and the stupid fucks come out in force. it's really amazing like a mosquito they will hunt down intelligence and attack. this was not always the case on this forum. i really think it's that dawning of college polluted and brainwashed minds.

#20     Oct 31, 2016