Best daytrading pairs outside London hours?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TraderGreg, Aug 16, 2008.

1. What are the best pairs to daytrade outside of London hours? I live on the East Coast, and waking up in time to trade stocks at 9:30 only gives me about 3.5 solid trading hours on the EUR/USD.

I am also entering college next week, so you can see my daytrading times need to be extended. I usually set up swings during these off times and do other trading studies, but I'm working on bringing in daytrading income. As a result, I need a fairly volatile pair with sufficient volume during Eastern evening and night hours (can't see volume of course, but 5 pip moves per hour and strings of 1-minute bars without ticks is just unacceptable - and it happens all the time in the EUR/USD).

Thanks for your help!

Greg

2. Maybe take a look at GBP/JPY. It can sometimes move a decent amount during the Asian session. However, spreads can be large and even with ECN brokers spreads can be wide during asian session. Good luck

3. achilles28

achilles28

Focus on TA - support & resistance.

Euro can be slow. Don't underestimate it. Scalpers need the low spread.

AUDUSD ain't bad. The higher pip value compensates for the lack of volatility. Actually moves cleaner than EURO.

Yen crosses, only if u know what ur doing. They're hot and cold. Huge swells or dead flat.

Stick with the majors to keep down transactions costs.