Best Daytrade Platform??????

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by surfrider, Jun 18, 2007.

1. I've been looking for in-house brokers to trade with in Orange County.

I looked at the Assent site when someone mentioned it a while back, but there was no listing of local offices then. Wonder why, anyone would have local offices and not at least list them.

They still don't say alot about their in-house broker services. Guess I'll have to drop in and visit.

I checked in the broker section for reviews. I found Andover reviews from over 2+ years ago. It does seem strange there would be no reviews by Assent traders on this site.

Thanks again for link.

#31     Jun 25, 2007
  2. They are listed.
    Simply scroll down on the weblink I gave you above and you will find the following:

2020 Main St., Suite 310
    Irvine, CA 92614
    Phone: 949-475-0196

Manager: Bill Gooding

#32     Jun 26, 2007
  3. ak15

ak15

NO you are not crazy. Everything that you've brought out is true.

#33     Jul 14, 2007
  4. feb2865

feb2865

Trade Navigator w/ Transact

I've been with them for years I tried other platforms to see if there's anything better outhere and still have no reason to switch.

#34     Jul 14, 2007
  5. Domineaux said
    “I have not traded since 2001”

Wow I can not believe you would actually make a post here not having traded for 6 years and claim that trading from a trading firm has all these advantages over trading at home. As others have said on this board a lot has changed since then.
    I never had issues back in 2001 trading at home and it was a lot easier then trading for some Prop Firm.

#35     Jul 16, 2007
  6. #36     Jul 16, 2007
  7. D2.0

D2.0 Guest

Haha. I was about to post something similiar when I read that part of his/her post. I mean seriously now. Lots changed since then. There wasn't even broadband back then. Or I should say, ISDN was "broadband" of choice for off exchange players not trading in a prop shop for its low latency.

#37     Jul 17, 2007
  8. Ares

Ares

Global Strategy Trader?

Why you should pay 50$ per month just for a different server?

GST is Strategy Runner 100%

and...where are great charts?

#38     Jul 17, 2007
  9. Were you scalping the tick for small intra-day profits? When you're only taking less than .5 points for the most part bad executions can put you out of business fast.

There are all kinds of traders, since everyone is dumped into the same category of "traders". I don't think less or more of people because of the way they trade. The plan is to take home some profits.

Personally, I like the fast movement of the tick, watching and trading the Stochastics and 8 Min moving averages. I was never comfortable sitting in front of my computer at home watching money move away from me, even when I was holding trades longer.

#39     Jul 19, 2007
  10. First to really help you out. I'm a he.

2001 wasn't that long ago, and yes I did have a DSL connection. I also had a great hardware and system software, including a backup power supply. I had multiple 19" monitors, an programmable X-Keys for putting off multiple keystrokes with 1 key. I'll go so far as to say I had and still do have some of the best computer hardware and software money can buy.

I tried a large number of brokers who promoted their so-called direct access to ECNs. I usually found out the hard way they didn't provide the service I thought I was getting. Seems something always got lost in their translation of English to English.

The term direct access to ECN means alot of different things to brokers, and when you start laying your money down it is a good idea to understand just what "direct access to ECN" means as it applies to your trading account with your broker.

NOTE: After reading some of my postings and the rebuttals/personal attacks you should realize that most of those condescending posters are working for some broker that would like nothing better than to skew your thinking that Online trading from your home is a better situation than trading from a trading room.

The fact is Online brokers make a great deal more money, if you trade Online from home. Those brokers don't have to support an office, computers, servers, support personnel to facilitate trades in a trading room environment. You don't know how your trades are handled, and the broker gets paid the same. If you lose big on a trade you'll not get any recourse from the broker, even if the execution failure was their fault.

It's not about what is better for traders, it's about what is good for the brokers.

The brokers don't care if you lose, they just don't want you to lose big. They want you to trade out your account, and they'll probably end up with at least 1/3 to 40% of those funds paid to them in commissions, which you put into your account.

Remember --->

It isn't a level playing field... no matter what you're told by brokers. Look out for yourself, make sure you understand. If you don't understand, make the broker explain it. Even if he explains it in a condescending manner, make sure you are satisfied that you understand just how your trades are handled and expedited. This one little paragraph can make and save you thousands of dollars if you conscientiously apply it.

#40     Jul 19, 2007