Best data api ?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by eves_banished_children, Apr 29, 2018.

1. T0pH4t

T0pH4t

It use to be because ++var is technically faster to do. It resulted in a "increment and fetch" as appossed to a "fetch and add" which had to create a temp variable. I am pretty sure most compilers now do this optimization when they can though. In regards to ", arg" this style is more from Haskell (as far as I am aware) which I actually prefer since it makes editing in vim/emacs a breeze. Can't say much for the mixed styles though.

#31     May 13, 2018
    IAS_LLC likes this.
  2. Is it possible to make the IB software play back historical level 2, tick, etc data as if it were live data ?

#32     May 18, 2018
  3. T0pH4t

T0pH4t

This is not provided for you. You would have to create your own solution.

#33     May 18, 2018
  4. If I do that I'm going to just write it from scratch, the data is simple, little more than a few numbers and a timestamp, so it would be very easy to ingest if I can find it available somewhere as text.

Who sells this historical tick and level 2 data ? It'd be massive, of course, a huge amount of data.

#34     May 19, 2018
  5. T0pH4t

T0pH4t

I personally don't know of many vendors that supply lvl 2 historical data. You can try here https://www.algoseek.com/ as well as maybe ping support on nanex.net and see if they offer anything. Otherwise you might have to try the exchanges directly. Mind you, this will all be very expensive.

#35     May 21, 2018
  6. Yeah I was looking at algoseek.com, and you're right, pretty pricey. Data looks good though, from what I could tell from the sample. I'll check into the data from the exchange and see what that costs, thank you for the suggestion.

#36     May 21, 2018