best courses or books to learn day trading?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by cole_, Feb 14, 2018.

1. cole_

cole_

I want to trade forex and in the future I want to move to commodity futures when I have more money

also I know the title says day trading but I'm also interested in swing trading

I want to learn both and then decide which is better for me

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. ...Cole...you stupid.
    ,:) :confused: o_O

Macallik and Money Trust like this.
  3. Wtf lol

4. A lot of ppl like Kathy Liens “day trading the currency market”. I feel a lot of that book applies to swing trading also. I would read and learn a lot about price action. You’ll need a lot of books not just one. Get some on trading psychology, some informing you about the markets you’re interested in FX, some with systems. Books will only take you so far, after learning a lot of it is practice and time. But books can give you a foundation.

Trading in the zone by Mark Douglas

Trade to win by Ari Kiev

Trader mind by Steve ward

Trading for a living by Alexander Elder

Millionaire Traders by Kathy lien and Boris sclossberg

Day trading the currency market by Kathy lien.

Forex trading for maximum profit by Raghee Horner

7 winning strategies for Forex by Grace Cheng.

Just a list to get you started first three are trader psychology some are general trading for a living short book but covers a lot. The website Babypips will give you a lot of General info. But it’s like a sport knowledge is necessary but only takes you so far.

5. Your own personal trading journal.

zdreg likes this.
  6. Xela

Xela

There's a very large overlap between "what you have to learn" for each, anyway.

I started on spot forex, and later switched to futures, myself. If it helps at all, I've described more or less how I got started in this post.

(With no offense intended at all to FXbeachbum, I think a couple of the books mentioned in his post above are really absolutely dreadful. Perhaps all that shows is that opinions will always vary hugely, when it comes to book recommendations. There are some of mine in the post linked to above, anyway.)

7. nickynoes

nickynoes

Read Van K Tharps 'Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom' first, before you read anything else. Seriously.

Xela likes this.
  8. Xela

Xela

I agree. I did. It was very helpful indeed. [​IMG]

nickynoes likes this.
  9. nickynoes

nickynoes

Probably the best book I have read on trading still to this date. Have you read his Definitive Guide To Position Sizing? That thing is a slog but very good too.

10. Haha that was the first one I ordered, just came!

#10     Feb 15, 2018
    Xela likes this.