Best Country for Trading (Tax efficiency)

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by ET873, Feb 3, 2010.

1. luisHK

luisHK

Mtrader, I was not talking about traders in that part nor asking for advice about belgium taxation.
    I might do, but in a different post, and know already a few people who moved to Belgium either for tax reason or a better business climate, sometimes both, although indeed they are not into equities trading.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    #691     Aug 31, 2016
  2. Mtrader

Mtrader

Trading options, futures, stocks, forex... will be taxed as income from self employed activities. So around 70%. Elitetrader is for traders, not? Or is it for retailers in food, cloths, medicines...?

The people you know that moved to Belgium are not in any trading business, so that info is irrelevant.

#692     Aug 31, 2016
  3. luisHK

luisHK

Lol. Not any trading business. Did you miss visiting Antwerpen during your time in Belgium ?
    You think the guys here having significant assets just care about day trading forex or whatever you trade so we should restrict our tax discussion to those ?
    Besides about Belgium I only mentioned that it became more popular than Switzerland for french tax exilees, there was no mention of traders whatsoever, nor advice to move there, nor enquiry about the tax situation there, but somehow u felt the need to be arrogant and brag about some partial knowledge.
    So, do you enjoy acting like an asshole or is it just the only place you can talk out of, which would explain your manners ?

#693     Aug 31, 2016
  4. Mtrader

Mtrader

Applies to you. Posting on a trading website information about taxes, but not for traders???

Maybe you can tell where food is cheaper, where people should by a car, find a wife...
    You need attention so desperatelly that you post non relevant information. Maybe you don't even understand what you are posting.
    On ignore. Will not miss any interesting thing from you. Did you ever trade? Or are you dreaming to become one day a (paper)trader.

#694     Aug 31, 2016
  5. luisHK

luisHK

On ignore already ? Brain is thicker than the skin as they say.

#695     Aug 31, 2016
  6. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

China.

#696     Sep 2, 2016
  7. comagnum

comagnum

One way to pay $0 in capital gain taxes is to get a Roth IRA setup and pump it up!

#697     Sep 2, 2016
  8. dw31583

dw31583

Just in case someone would like to know:

I asked two different tax and lump sum tax experts in Zurich and Geneva and one said that trading would be considered as gainful activity thus it's against the lump sum tax rules. The other one asked the local tax authorities and they confirmed that trading and/or active management of wealth is against the rules. Only a third party (eg. hedge fund, private bank, trustee, etc.) can manage your wealth not you.

#698     Sep 6, 2016
    swinging tick likes this.
  9. Arkady

Arkady

You might as well consider Serbia - their citizenship can be bought for 100k EUR - see here. This will immediately enable the Schengen zone unrestricted travel with some prospects on EU membership. I think their taxes are one of the lowest in the region.

#699     Oct 21, 2016
  10. fhl

fhl

#700     Oct 29, 2016