Best Country for Trading (Tax efficiency)

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by ET873, Feb 3, 2010.

1. VKING75

VKING75

#1111     Apr 25, 2019
  2. If the account is material ($1mn+), I can help and we do a bilateral contract at the back. But I need to take 10% of what the account makes.

#1112     Apr 29, 2019
  3. schweiz

schweiz

:D:D:D
    That posting is from 2010...

"Maybe find someone you can trust who lives in Hong Kong to open the account?" He does not even know you, how can he trust you? I would never do this.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    #1113     Apr 29, 2019
  4. I am a HK resident and trade with IB HK. Subject to zero taxes in HK, capital gain nor dividends (foreign withholding taxes apply). I am open to discussions, if there is something in it for me to help open an account under my name. We can structure something to safeguard your money as well as me from your money-laundering activities. Not interested in accounts less than $1mn

#1114     Apr 29, 2019
  5. smallfil

smallfil

The US has the most number of billionaires so, there must be something in the tax code for the filthy rich. Even if you are not filthy rich, I imagine a good accountant in the US can set you up to minimize the tax bite if you can qualify as a business. You would have lots of deductions and maybe, even tax loopholes. I am thinking another country with favorable tax rates would be Singapore as some hedge fund manager billionaires have moved over there. The tax code is complex in the US, however, a qualified accountant would be worth the fees you pay him or her.
    You might need a qualified attorney well versed in tax laws too! Hell, if I am rich enough, I would gladly pay if I can save a lot of monies!

#1115     Apr 30, 2019
  6. otctrade

otctrade

Just want to add that starting Jan1 2019 the 14% EHO was replaced with a a new 19% SZOCHO tax.

The ceiling is 24 times the minimum wage per year. Previous was set at 450,000HUF. If the minimum wage is (just an example) 150,000 then the max you have to pay is 19% of 150,000 x 24.

#1116     Oct 6, 2019
    swinging tick likes this.
  7. Hi Alex, I'm moving to Hungary and would like your opinion on something. Paying a very generous consultation fee for your advice, let me know how to get in touch with you.

#1117     Nov 20, 2019
  8. Hi all. Firstly, I am really glad to find this page that has a brilliant discussion and wish to thank everyone!
    I currently use Interactive Brokers in the UK but started making significant amounts and it isn't looking good for taxes. I am planning to leave UK permanently anyway to become non-resident.

I am considering getting a proof of residence and opening an account with I.B. as a resident in Dubai, UAE and using my Aussie passport. I understand that UAE are very safe for data privacy.
    Are there any dangers of such jurisdiction such as any possible problems transferring money out? Am I right that the actual I. B. office is still in US, so the transfers outside of UAE won't even be an issue?
    Any other dangers to know about?
    Would HK be safer than UAE?
    BTW less keen on HK since it would allow too much data sharing.

#1118     May 24, 2020
  9. Hi everyone I am a US resident looking at making a change. Either moving to PR or outside of US. I trade 1256 exclusively what country is best for my situation?

#1119     Jul 5, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  10. %%
    Avoid pr/not just because of extreme excess debt/america has that;
    too many strorms/corruption+ power failures, goofy growth.But the palm trees are cool so each to his/her own...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

#1120     Jul 5, 2020
    billv likes this.