Best contracts to trade if trading 24/7

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by brownsfan019, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Obviously no one is able to trade 24/7 on their own (at least not for long), but hypothetically, if you could trade round the clock, what contracts would you trade?

Reason for the question is simply to see what else is out there outside of my little ES, ER2, etc world. Some days, you just don't feel like sleeping, right? And since I don't know what else is out there, thought this would be the best place to ask.

I'm looking for something like:

12am - 8am XYZ Contract(s)
    8am - 4pm 123 Contract(s)
    4pm - 12 am ABC Contract(s)

I've got the US based contracts down, looking for suggestions outside of those, if any. Maybe the ES is the way to go all the time?

2. I like Hong Kong Exch Futures, only problem, can't get messy on position trades, since markets gap...significantly. If you don't see it, you don't see it, and market will drill you a new hole, if you hold into next session.

3. DAX, ES, SGXNK

4. Quick question why do you prefer the singapore Nikkie in comparison to the Osaka?

5. I've only traded the Nikkei futures as retail with IB, so no experience with the Osaka contract.

6. Thks Atticus

7. Unless the law's changed, American's couldn't trade Osaka. SIMEX was essentially created as an exchange where foreigners could trade Jap markets........

8. If you are not in the US, K200 is a good alternative to SGXNK. More liquid and generally more volatility. It also doesn't take a lunch break.

9. The tick size is very small though and comms quite high doesnt suit my style of trading though you are right about the liquidity

10. E6, CL

#10     Aug 30, 2007