Best commissions for NQ & ES

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by hopeful, Jun 9, 2008.

1. No.....just their FEED.....LOL! :p

#21     Jul 29, 2008
  2. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

#22     Jul 29, 2008
  3. For stock traders IB is very cheap and it is very hard to beat their rates. IB futures commissions are not so cheap and a number of futures firms beat their rates.

IB management needs to wake up and lower their futures commissions.

#23     Jul 29, 2008
  4. So true...
    I wish IB would compete in the futures, the going rate is .35 per side + XT @ 650/month and IB ought to compete with that.

#24     Jul 29, 2008
  5. What's the difference between the TT feed and Zenfire? (Currently using ZF).

#25     Jul 29, 2008
  6. RELIABILITY :)

#26     Jul 29, 2008
  7. rjiecs

rjiecs

zenfire is reliable but for those who trade eurex they can't see the volume...

#27     Aug 3, 2008
  8. It isn't just about rates. With IB

you get a security token to protect your account

you can trade many instruments in many international markets

they are sizable and more likely to be here when you need them.

brokers may disappear under a cataclysmic event. Remember Refco. Think incorrect report like "Pakistan threatens to nuke India" while a bunch of some small broker's customers are holding a bunch of eminis at $300 daytrading margin. Now imagine it takes many months to pry your money back out from a flimsy broker that went under.

and other benefits

#28     Aug 3, 2008
  9. After reliability of a Broker, the most important issue for Day Traders, is the Commissions. I have always argued, breaking even with IB can mean a 30 to 80% NET PROFITS with another Broker say like AMP who are very reliable if, you do volume and could negotiate a good rate with them. (I also have a good size account with IB used for swings and not scalps).
    My belief is if you trade more than 500rt, futures contracts/month or more, then shop around for rates and forget, IB, TS etc. etc. Just a $1 difference in comm. at 500rt per month for a $10k account equals 5% NET profits per month in additional gains!!!!!!
    So, pay the most attention as in all biz, to the cost of doing biz. period.

#29     Aug 4, 2008
  10. What is considered a good rate for emini r/t?

#30     Aug 4, 2008