Best Coffee

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Are they using magic coffee beans?

#11     Jan 10, 2012
  2. 7-11 has really good hot coffee.

Iced Coffee I give to Dunkin Donuts.

Out of a can... Folgers and Chock full both good also Lavazza espresso very good

#12     Jan 10, 2012
  3. Irish Coffee from the cafe at the bottom of my street, good for the way home form work at night

#13     Jan 12, 2012
  4. Looks like star bucks is going after DD with a new blend called "blond". Got to hand it to business, MCD goes after starbucks with McCafe, star bucks going after DD. My favorite dd donuts are coconut or butternut, Most stores don't carry them, I then ask if they know a place I can get a nutty donut. My point is "what business are you in? One place usually has them when I stop about 6 am, they have exactly 4 which I buy.They are now out of the nutty donut business at 6 am. At another place they had 2, the associate said, if I bought 4 donuts I would get a deal, I said good sell me 4 nutty donuts. But ..but.. we only have 2."We have a deal for you but as usual it's not what I want".

#14     Jan 12, 2012
  5. Brass

Brass

Close your eyes and think back carefully. This is important. What did they actually say? That they don't serve nutty donuts, or that they don't serve nuts?

#15     Jan 12, 2012
  6. I have thought about this. I do try to "contain" myself in the sense of "may contain nuts" before coffee. Then I have that first coffee and there is a very short window where I present myself fairly well, then It's all down hill from there with the second cup of coffee, loggin onto ET, then a third cup of coffee, then before you know it, I have "opinions" oh and new years resolutions I have broken oh and then oh look a bird... .....:D just flew by the window...

#16     Jan 12, 2012
  7. There is one coffee place that I frequent... wow... the beans are roasted locally only a day or two ahead of being ground and served... the best ever... they see me coming and they brew up a latte' with whole milk and they push the tip jar out a little.. I accidentally gave a guy a $50 there and let him give me change for a $20, I know which guy it was and he knows I know... no biggie, as long as they have that coffee they are good people...

#17     Jan 12, 2012
  8. Banjo

Banjo

#18     Jan 13, 2012
  9. Jethro Tull
    Wond'ring Again

#19     Jan 17, 2012
  10. Honestly, I don't like Dunkin Donuts coffee and never understood the hoopla about it. I always figured it was the sugar high from the donuts that affected people's judgment about their coffee...and their iced coffee, no chance. Any iced coffee that is just a cold version of regular coffee isn't what it's supposed to be.

#20     Jan 17, 2012