Best City For Traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TraderJoe08, Nov 11, 2008.

1. 3rdocagt

3rdocagt

If you want to stay under the American flag, I'd suggest SAIPAN. Very equitable climate, fabulous diving, and surf (though its 2 miles off island past outer reef).

Saipan is 30 minutes from Guam, 4 hrs to Osaka, 4 hrs to Manila, 7-8 hrs to Bangkok. Pohnpei is 4 hrs away which has surf that rivals the North Shore of Oahu with about 5 surfers!

It has the highest ratio of women to men in the world! If your into Asian hotties its nirvana.

Cost of living is high, probably about 25-35% more than the mainland.

BUT......no sales tax, no local tax, no real estate tax, no capital gains tax on real estate , and as an American and resident of Saipan you get a 90% rebate on your federal taxes.

If you are a futures trader that means your total tax burden is 2.3% and if Obama raises capital gains tax it will still be a very reasonable 3.1%.

Aloha.

#21     Nov 12, 2008
  2. Thank you. I will suggest it to my tax guy and see what he thinks. He mentioned Saipan to me a few months ago but I had not heard of it. Time to Google.

#22     Nov 12, 2008
  3. Surdo

Surdo

Hands down Ipanema!

NYC has some nice scenery in the spring on the first 70 degree day, I must admit, but not a huge fan 12 months a year.

surdo

#23     Nov 12, 2008
  4. Fuck you - Chicago is home. You just deal with the weather (extreme changes in seasons make for good elevator talk) and get things done.

#24     Nov 12, 2008
  5. Chicago has its own unique perks. I like it at the right times. Windy is good on a hot day. I miss the L, right now I have to drive every damned place because Seattle's rail options are piss-poor.

#25     Nov 12, 2008
  6. Never been to Rio. How is the broadband reliability there?

#26     Nov 12, 2008
  7. rosy2

rosy2

chicago is where almost all the legitimate trading firms are located.

#27     Nov 12, 2008
  8. Surdo

Surdo

WIFI is everywhere, and dependable.

I would be careful on an open network there.

I had a super fast Broadband connection in the apartment I rented. Brasilian women are the finest specimens, especially if you like a bunda!

surdo

#28     Nov 12, 2008
  9. I like my broadband fast and my woman's ass small, so even though Rio women are gifted in certain talents (from what I hear), they might keep rear ends too large for my taste. Thanks for the tip!

#29     Nov 12, 2008
  10. Have you visited there? I am looking for more info from traders on this place. Yes, I am also searching the web, but testimonies can be more valuable.

#30     Nov 12, 2008