Best City For Traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TraderJoe08, Nov 11, 2008.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Chicago sucks like no place else on the planet. You gotta be a real fag to chose to live there and trade.

#11     Nov 12, 2008
  2. vita

vita

I lived in Ann Arbor(MI), Arlington(VA), Georgetown(DC), Chicago and ended up in NYC. Definitely agree with all these suggestions. NYC is more expensive but not having a car and walking everywhere is a bless. Chicago is also very nice if you don't mind the cold. DC area's summer is hot and humid. Ann Arbor is very nice as you may know already but it's too small for a young guy like you, you need to move on. My only suggestion to you is to keep yourself light and mobile for a while until you find a final place to live. When I moved to NYC I gave most of my stuff to charity and put the rest in a storage until I find a permanent home.

#12     Nov 12, 2008
  3. Of course. I have been to 26 foreign lands, plus Mexico and Canada, and am always thankful to be back home in the USA. None of them even compare. The women in those lands, now that's a thread unto itself...

I would not consider Dubai as aplace to trade from or live, given that Muslim law makes public shows of affection a criminal offense. Who wants to live where you cannot touch any of those slim women... in burkas?

#13     Nov 12, 2008
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Thats a fine idea. Georgetown is nice, Dupont Circle area too.

#14     Nov 12, 2008
  5. karol88

karol88

if only Chicago wasn't so cold and windy....

#15     Nov 12, 2008
  6. OK, so a question in line with this thread... what city would you vote for as the best spot to watch women come and go, while trading? I don't care what country. A college town? Have to get some eye candy between trading signals...

#16     Nov 12, 2008
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Kiev.

#17     Nov 12, 2008
  8. Ah, now there's a thought. Russian women. Would never marry one, but they sure are nice to behold, eh? But how could I check their asses through mink coats?

#18     Nov 12, 2008
  9. TJ

Assuming you can make money from trading then why don't you get out a see a little of the world.

Firstly you need to decide what part of the day/night you wish to devote to trading, then you can look up and down the latitudes and pick a city.

You do not need to commit yourself to any one place for life.

But you could start in SoBe, then try Mexico City and/or Rio de J.

Europe brings in different time zones and Asia/Aussie is completely different again if you trade US markets.

The world is your oyster and it is well worth sampling.

regards
    f9

#19     Nov 12, 2008
  10. Piscuy

Piscuy

I was in NYC recently and loved it. Certainly a place to consider within the parameters you require. Only drawback is that there are quite a few angry New Yorkers running around. If you dont mind those, it is an AWESOME city.

P.

#20     Nov 12, 2008