Best choices for FX options?

Discussion in 'Options' started by snackly, Mar 21, 2009.

1. moarla

moarla

and terrible spreads....

for FX NO CME

(like the mikro FX futures: NO NO)

#11     Jun 15, 2009
  2. moarla

moarla

3. moarla

moarla

i can find only this numbers (not 100% correct):
    on EURO FX options there are on 06122009
    traded volume about 10.000

BUT
    there are about 300 different options!!

so the highest traded oprions have a volume of about 1000
    but the most have 30 contracts
    and many have zero..

so thats not Volume in my view...
    sory

#14     Jun 15, 2009
  4. Have you checked out Saxobank? They offer customizable vanilla OTC options and say they'll be adding exotics pretty soon (they may have them running by now.) I think that totally beats the ISE ones. If you're not familiar with this type of option, there's no substitute but to download the demo and play around with it.

#15     Jun 16, 2009
  5. moarla

moarla

#16     Jun 16, 2009
  6. skot99

skot99

You are a moron. The CAD on CME does around 50 - 100 Mill/day notional. When I was an interbank fx options broker at ICAP, the largest dealer, even on Euro we might do a Bill on a busy day. What kind of liquidity does Moarla need? Has Moarla ever traded a single option before? Furthermore, the market makers are required to make prices and as you can see they are generally fair and showing 50-100 a side. There is unlimited liquidity in CME options. Think about who is making the prices for a minute. Moarla, you are probably better off with Oanda's box options at any rate....

#17     Jul 26, 2009
  7. skot99

skot99

When the market gets volatile how will they quote you? You taking prices from your counterparty... The CME you have access to all the player banks in the market, thus you will get the fairest prices in all conditions. Liquidity is extremely deep and virtually unlimited... Not that any day trader would ever need to buy in the quantities that are available..

#18     Jul 26, 2009
  8. moarla

moarla

hmmm.-.-.
    market makers are ok, but look at the spread they offer....
    compared to warrants just funny

#19     Oct 6, 2009
  9. for FX futures options, only the EUR and JPY are OK,
    for cash FX options, EUR and JPY are OK, rest of them are barely
    acceptable. Try XDE for EUR cash.

#20     Oct 6, 2009