Best Choice Software www.bestchoice.com

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ahollybair, Feb 24, 2008.

1. PeteHoyt

PeteHoyt

Best Choice Software offers a FREE demo download of the software where you check out the features before you buy a 3 month trial or purchase. You can try before you buy.

What does the software do? It shows you the probablility of an upcoming trade. For example, if you were interested in trading the Dow Industrial Average long, it shows you that the best time of the year is between October 27 and November 12 where the Dow has risen 32 out of the past 37 years. This is the highest probable time of the Dow going up at 86% of the time. This is a fact that the program can quickly calculate for you. It can do it on any security that has sufficent data. It gives a trader an edge.

Now, does this guarantee that it will occur this year. No. Will any software guarantee that you will be a winner 100% of the time. No. Will you ever find the holy grail you are looking for that is a sure thing. No.

Sucessful traders look at the probability of success of their actions and look at the risk vs reward of their trades before they place their trades. They put themselves in highly probable situations with minimal risk. Trading is a game of probability, not certainty about the future.

When people ask, does the software work? It depends upon your expectations. If you expect it to be a winning lottery ticket you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a trading system to tell you to buy this or sell that, risk free, you will also be disappointed. If you are looking for a software that can help you with the price/earnings growth rates of a company or the probability that a stock will move in a specific direction during a certain time period, then the software works as expected.

The website of Best Choice Software is www.bestchoicesoftware.com. Not www.bestchoice.com as shown by Elite Trader. Their information is wrong. So, if you like complain, discuss it with them.

#51     May 25, 2008
  2. Joab

Joab

Do not give this company your credit card information !!!

They can not be trusted !!!

You will regret it !!!

Pete keep posting because the more hits this thread gets the more google searches it will generate and I want everyone to know what you did to me and how you took $900 from my credit card without authorization or signature.

IF your a legitimate company why not refund me my $900 that you took illegally and I will retract all my statements.

#52     May 25, 2008
  3. PeteHoyt

PeteHoyt

No corporate records show of a "Joab" ever purchasing a 3 month trial. Don't know who you are?

#53     May 25, 2008
  4. lindq

lindq

But that information is available for FREE on many internet sites, and is the entire purpose of traditional backtesting software, of which there are many flavors available, at a tiny fraction of your cost.

What gets me boiling hot is sites and presentations like yours that present testimonials from users about their immediate and wonderous gains. When you know full well that those are NOT typical experiences.

That is my major beef with you. In the financial arena, it is a very slimey, awful way to sell anything, praying on the hope and fears of average folks who don't know better.

Would you, right now, feel comfortable sending your website, and a recording of your public presentations, to the FTC or SEC for evaluation? NOT!

While lining your pocket through raising expectations, you are putting many average Joes at serious risk of losing serious money. And using an excuse that they are signing a disclaimer is bullshit. Because it is your promotion of performance and monetary gains that got them to you in the first place, when you in fact have no results to show for the use of your software.

Further, the fact that the overall market did X during timeframe Y, Z percentage of the time says absolutely nothing about the times that X did NOT perform as expected, or says nothing about what the individual components of the market may, or may not have done.

(Did you go long last year Oct 27-Nov 12 as recommended by your software, as described in your previous post? The S&P lost 100 points. What did your customers lose? And where are THOSE testimonials?)

In promoting this stuff, do NOT come here expecting a warm welcome, because many of us didn't just fall off the potato truck.

#54     May 25, 2008
  5. Joab

Joab

I will provide you with my personal information - on the condition that you testify here on ET right now in writing that once I do and you see that I did in fact only give my credit card for the trial period only.

You will REFUND my money in full with no excuses or twists or turns.

I have seen how your company twisted the truth in the past and I am not going to fall into that trap again.

IF you do REFUND my money I will recant my testimony and wish you and your company well.

Deal ?

#55     May 25, 2008
  6. byculla

byculla

Pete:

My daughter has a toy parrot. Do you know what it does. If you talk to it, it will repeat the same phrase over and over again. We named it Pete the Parrot. How ironic. I see that the Pete here too doing the same.

We have here a user Richard and a potential user aaronsales voicing their thoughts on the usability of your software and you choose to ignore them completely and instead choose to post the same tired promotional mantra. This speaks volumes on the help to expect from the company upon the completion of a sale. TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN. Help in understanding the software, in using it profitable. The expectancy of the recomended system.

There is not even a user forum at your site. For a co. that has been in existance for as long, I wonder why. Fishy. Seems you want minimal involment with your customers. TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN. A SUCKER IS BORN EVERY MINUTE. If I am wrong or mistaken then you have a chance here to prove your credentials.

#56     May 25, 2008
  7. PeteHoyt

PeteHoyt

Joab,

You say you gave your credit card for the trial period (3 months of full usage -$895). This is different that the downloadable demo which is free and no credit card is needed.

Normally, when a customer purchases a trial, one of our secretaries licenses the customer's computer for usage. This gives the customer access to the full program for three months to try it. We should have records of when this was done provided we know who you are.

So now, either you were licensed to use the software or you were not. Which is it? If you received a license, then you purchased what you expected and you are guilty of "twisting the truth" in your messages. If no license was ever given to license your computer, then you are entitled to a refund as you purchased something you never received.

If you did purchase the three month trial and never used it to look at the financial markets and make a trade, then we will grant you an additional 3 months a no cost.

Bottom line is that the financial markets have a no refund policy. When you put your money at risk in the markets and you lose it, don't expect mercy. You better know what you are doing.

This will be my final message posted on Elite Trader as I do not like this game of hiding in the shadows of anonymity. If you want to reach me you can email me at pete@bestchoicesoftware.com or call our offices at 941-747-5858 and talk to our staff. If you want to talk about specific trades, we have brokers on staff.

So, good luck in your trading and if you can find better tools than what Best Choice Software offers you then good for you. I have told you that I have been in the markets for many years and I built what works for me. I use my own product and am satified with it.

#57     May 25, 2008
  8. Joab

Joab

Pete,

I did speak with you when this was all happening and you told me to deal with some guy named Sunny (if memory serves me correctly) and you were just the technical inventor of the software and he was the sales dept head.

I've been in the markets almost as long as you 25 years and I'm happy that your software works for you but it was useless to me.

Curve fitting trades to fit a set of parameters like 5 consecutive days per calender year where a stock went up (even .01) over the last 5, 10 or even 20 years is just nonsense.

If you stare long enough even a pig can look pretty but you still don't want to marry it. Unless of course your a lonely farmer. :cool:

I would have had no issue with your company if you did not charge my credit card or returned my money as a misunderstanding after I quickly canceled my trial.

I have much better things to do with my time.

Maybe next time you will think twice about taking money without written consent or authorization.

#58     May 25, 2008
  9. Pete,

You have a seriously pissed off customer. I suggest you deal with him fairly, and someone report the net result here, or at least say all's ok now.

Going away from this board only confirms his position. You are on Elite Trader, full of traders and wannabes who could theoretically be your future customers. This is YOUR target market.

So far your thread has been most negative for promoting your software.

Good luck to both of you, I hope you resolve this issue.

#59     May 25, 2008
  10. bctrader

bctrader

Hi everyone ..

I am a noob here at elite trader..

I just purchased the $900 trial use of BestChoice ..

After attending one of their sales pitch sessions, I decided that it might be a good tool to use.

The software by itself will not make you money, you have to have a good head on your shoulders and experience in my opinion.. the software may help you find trades and then i think you still need to have a way to determine when to get in or out of them.

I am going to start using their tool towards the end of the week, and for the next 3 months. If i can make back my $900 plus a decent profit, then i'll upgrade their full version. otherwise, well ..

I would be more than happy to report on here what trades i open due to the help of the software as i open them so we can track them together.. -- but my request is that pete stop posting his request for a refund, since he's already posted it several times, and now is just noise. --

In fact i'd be more than happy to post the trades before i make them to get some opinions on how to best enter them.

be warned, my market experience is very limited, so even if the software works, i may screw things up.

#60     May 26, 2008