Best Choice Software www.bestchoice.com

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ahollybair, Feb 24, 2008.

1. byculla

byculla

#11     May 11, 2008
  2. Don't lecture me, junior. If a systems vendor says

We have users who have made 10x their money in a week for several weeks in a row

do you really need any further information? Are you that credulous? You're probably the typical dreamer who gets sucked into buying this kind of idiotic promise.

If this was a print ad in a magazine, the vendor could be sued for false advertising. This is illegal, except if it's posted anonymously on the internet.

This type of crap diminishes the site. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. I'm not saying that it's not a good business decision, I'm just saying it diminishes the site. Are you a Britney Spears fan? Do you understand the difference between quality and quantity?

#12     May 11, 2008
  3. byculla

byculla

I checked the company site and they don't offer free demo's. It seems that they don't want to offer conclusive proof of their product's viability. You have to put your money where their mouth is.

If a software could with resonable proability tell me the direction of a stock for the next few days and if the R/R is acceptable I for one would be on in like a bee to honey or a fly on a ----- ----.

So Pete Hoyt will now need to post their software trading metrics not words.

#13     May 11, 2008
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

I wasted $500 'renting' this software, repeat what other post said, stay away! you have been warned!

#14     May 11, 2008
  5. I am with [byculla] on this one: it's a free exchange of opinions. Nobody is forcing anybody to read or respond: if ET starts restricting what you can or cannot say, where do they stop ?

I posted a question about BestChoice and people put in their '...2 cents worth...': I appreciate their input.

I don't believe everything I read here, and neither should anybody else.

If [PeteHoyt] is really Pete Hoyt of BestChoice software, then let's have a free exchange with him. Let him present his arguments: I think people here are smart enough to see if it’s true or not. If we start throwing out F-this F-that... pretty soon people will drift away: not a lot of meaningful content in sentences where every other word is effing this, eff that.

I agree with [traderNik] on one thing: the claim made by PeteHoyt "...we have users who have 10x their money....on multiple occasions." 10X on multiple occasions just does not sound possible. Maybe once (even that would be a stretch), but multiple times…?

As to the testimonials posted by the vendor: I don’t believe them, from any vendor. I have yet to see any vendor post negative testimonials together with the positive ones, that’s why it’s not believable.

On a larger note, I am not a believer in the randomness of the stock market, meaning that there are patterns that are somewhat predictable. But one thing has bothered me about companies that sell software that claim to be able to predict the direction of a particular stock with great accuracy: if the software is that good, why sell it for say $5,000 ? why not keep the software secret, borrow a ton of money, make 10X on multiple occasions, pay back the loan and live off the dividends ? why bother dealing with pesky customers…?
    :)

#15     May 11, 2008
  6. Richard

Richard

I recently purchased the trial after viewing a webinar. I am always skeptical of software vendors claims. I don't really pay much attention to them since if I took my best trades and plastered them out there I'd look like I should be hiring Donald Trump to be my manservant.

Anyway just to comment on the 10X. It is certainly in the realm of possibility using out of the money options. I have often made 2x and 3x with in the money options so 10x with out of the money is certainly attainable. Of course unless you are an idiot you don't put alot of money into a trade because OTM options are usually so cheap that there is no way to use a stop out of the gate. So if all you can stand to lose is $1000 then you can buy 100 contracts at $0.10.

Here is a virtual trade that I just opened yesterday using Best Choice as a guide to pick the stock, when to enter and what strike price. THere is more that goes into making the decision that comes from experience.

Nevertheless the Best Choice software shows that GRMN has gone up an average of 6% 7 out of 7 years from 5/14 to 5/28. It's at $50 which is near the bottom of it's 1 year trading range. I entered a virtual position of 30 GRMN Jul65C at .25/.35. I am thinking that I probably should have bought more time but I am learning with fake money. Anyway if the stock goes up to $65 before expiration the Jul65 will be worth about $5. If it goes up to $55 it will be worth about $1.00. 30 contracts at $5 is $15000 on $1000 investment. Of course the whole $1000 could go down the drain if GRMN does nothing for the first time in 8 years this year.

So if GRMN does what it has every year it has been public this trade could net 3x to 15X. GRMN is a solid company and certainly its stock could make these moves. Will it? Only time will tell.

When I bought the trial what attracted me was a way to use out of the money options with more than hunches. I tried Dr. J's service for a month - awful, just a crap shoot on rumors. So for $900 I thought this worth a shot.

#16     May 17, 2008
  7. Joab

Joab

Sure if that's all they charge your credit card for !!!

I had to close my credit card because this company was "trying" to take much more money out.

RIP OFF

and if you really feel like gambling with $900 try black on a roulette wheel because this software is useless.

#17     May 17, 2008
  8. Richard

Richard

They did not do that to me.

Maybe you could use some help with their software?? :D

There is no software out there that works if you do not work at it and have no skills or intelligence.

#18     May 17, 2008
  9. Joab

Joab

Aside from the FACT that your a newbie and 99% chance that your a shill for this company.

I will IGNORE your comments about me because your clueless.

Go ahead and get screwed over by this company.

I repeat RIP OFF and useless for trading.

#19     May 17, 2008
  10. Richard

Richard

Just for the record I am not a shill. It is possible that for $900 the software is not worth it. To me it was worth a try. If I come back and give some results and they are positive I will be a "shill". If not then you are right. Why are you even here if you only believe the negative, whatever you read will be a ripoff or a shill???

#20     May 17, 2008