Best Choice Software www.bestchoice.com

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ahollybair, Feb 24, 2008.

1. I don't own this software. I've never used it and probably won't. I already make money.

This Joab guy is the whiniest bitch I have EVER seen on any message board. Ever.

It's obvious he didn't know what he was getting in to. He didn't realize he was giving his credit card, he didn't realize the time frames, he didn't realize it was a timed trial for a fee. For Christs sake, does this guy have any idea where is car is parked at the end of the day?

I'm guessing he doesn't make money. He won't ever make money and he constantly looks for the holy grail which of course he will never find. The markets aren't for everybody. This guy is the classic example of somebody that should stay away from the markets to keep from the impending economic disaster that awaits him. I'd also guess that has already happened. Too late.

#111     Nov 14, 2008
  2. Thanks for the info! This and the other sane skeptical posts are helpful. I've had to develop an ignore filter for many of the more angry and profane posters. :D

Kind regards

#112     Nov 16, 2008
  3. byculla

byculla

Does this software company have any verifiable trading metrics and if so could you please post it here or post a link to it. Then maybe the users have put together their own metrics which would be informative if posted.

After all the way I see it is that the role of any software is not how logical or pretty it is but how profitable is it to it's user and towards this end trading metrics will be enlightening.

Thanks.

#113     Nov 16, 2008
  4. sbriii

sbriii

:mad:

I too wasted lots of time, a couple thousand dollars "renting" this software, and more thousands in real investment losses before concluding that this software is worse than worthless. Unfortunately (like snake oil) it sounds appealing. The "recommendations" to buy Hershey around Valentine's Day and FedEx around the Holidays are nothing more than statistical happenstance. Unfortunately this firm/publisher continues to suck in new subscribers and affiliate with reputable firms like Think or Swim.

I registered for this forum strictly to be able to write to a few of you who have done a good job of trying to expose this software for what it is. I'd like to pass along an interesting development. An investor paid $5,300 for the BC software then had reservations at the first "users group" meeting she attended when the promoter began pushing another product. Long story short: although she demanded her money back, BC refused, she hired an attorney who wrote several letters, BC continued to refuse, she contacted Am. Ex. (the credit card she had charged the purchase on), filed for a refund under their fraud protection program, and got a complete refund!

Spencer Roane
    Atlanta, Ga.
    email spencer@roane.com
    ph. 678-428-0212

#114     Apr 28, 2009
  5. PeteHoyt

PeteHoyt

Here are some comments on the thread so far from Pete Hoyt, the Best Choice Software developer:

On page 2, last year in April 2008, I said” over the past 10 years, ADBE went up 9 out of 10 years with average of 13% from March 13 to March 27 when their earnings come out.” This year, 2009, on March 13th it closed at 18.63. On March 27th, it closed at 21.84. That is a 17% increase in stock price in 2 weeks. Nice trade. The April $20 calls went from .85 on March 13 to $2.40 on March 27, almost a triple on your money using options. Now it has gone up 10 out of 11 years during this same time period. This highly probable move occurred again, just like I spoke about it a year ago.

On page 3, if you considering Richard’s trade on GRMN, the stock went from $44.79 on 5/14 to $46.22 on 5/28 in 2008. This was a 3% move. The stock averages a 5% move during this time and it has occurred 8 out of 9 years. Why was he buying a $65 July call? The stock move happened but Richard may have lost money by going too far out of the money. Is it logical to expect a $20 move when the average move is only $2 or $3? You’ve got to be realistic in what you expect.

On page 9, I spoke about how the Dow had risen 32 out of 37 years between Oct 27 and Nov 12. Last year during one of the worst years on record, the Dow was at 8175 on Oct 27 and up to 8282 on Nov 12. The average point move over the 37 years is 1.6%, so 1.6% x 8175 is 130 points. Last year the move was 107 points. Now it is 33 out of 38 years up over this time period. This highly probable move occurred again, just like I spoke about it a year ago.

On page 17, Gobananas mentioned that he was a new owner. Since then he created a Best Choice Users Group in California and has 180 members. He is a nice guy who has no financial ties to Best Choice Software. We are happy to help him and his users group.

On page 19 of this thread, Spencer talks about the Hershey trade around Valentines Day. This move has happened 14 out of the past 15 years, with an average rise of 3.6%. What is Spencer complaining about? Does he expect perfection? If this is nothing more than a “statistical happenstance”, I’d like to see you flip a coin and get 14 out of 15 heads. There are 2^15 possibilities or 32,768 possible outcomes. There is only one possibility of getting 15 out of 15 heads and 15 possibilities of getting 14 out of 15 heads. You’ve got a lot of flipping to do to attempt to match that kind of success.

Spencer also complains about Fed Ex. Between Oct 25 and Nov 13 (which just happens to be the best time of the year for the Dow, see above), the stock went up 9 out of 10 years. Isn’t it logical to assume that there are lots of boxes being shipped before the holidays? It happens every year! It’s their busiest time. UPS also rises during this time period. Last year Fed Ex went from $54.94 at the beginning of this period to $67.14 on the close of Nov 13. That’s a 22% move in 2 weeks! What is Spencer complaining about? How did he lose money on the trade? If this is a “snake oil” recommendation, I think most traders want more of it.

Bottom line is that success occurs when you make highly probable decisions. I’ve given you some examples above, that I talked about them before the moves occurred. Don’t guess about the markets, you will probably lose. If you want to bitch go ahead. Elitetrader.com gives you a great soap box to stand on and mouth off. Joab is really good at it. With over 2000 posts, he must be a professional and I can’t compete with his skills.

Here is a trade for you arm chair experts. The Wheat market has gone up 39 out of 46 years during one 2 week time period over the course of a typical year. That is 85% of the time. It’s a great trade. I’ve given you the information. Now, for all the people who think the software is worthless, find the trade yourself. It’s a trade that will most likely make you money.

I can’t forget to tell you about this last trade. It will make you complainers crazy. One of our lady customers from Romania bought 10 – 30 cent Feb puts on CME on Feb 4, 2008. She invested $300. Two days later she sold her puts for $19,400. She told me she did what I taught her. She thinks our software is great and worth what she paid for it. She lives in Toronto Canada and attends our presentations when we are there. That is your opportunity to meet her.

Well, you may think that was a fluke. We have another trader who had 22 triples out of 25 trades in his first year of trading options. He made $250,000 profit his first year. What is his secret? Stay with these highly probable trades and use cheap options to leverage the moves. It is easier to triple a 20 cent option than to triple a $20 stock. A much smaller move is required - especially when you know the most likely course of events. If you would like to meet him, he comes to our presentations in Vancouver as he lives in western Canada.

Last year was a horrific year for long trades. Trillions of dollars were lost and made by the shorts. If you lost money trading, what did you do? If you made money what did you do? Be specific on what security and entry and exit positions. Why did you enter the trade and why did you exit the trade? You can learn from both success and failure.

I’ve given you a lot of meat. I have been very specific. Best Choice Software is a trading software designed for people who trade. Hopefully, readers of this thread can come up with more trades that either worked or didn’t work and less baseless unsubstantiated complaints.

Enough said.

#115     Jun 11, 2009
  6. GoBananas

GoBananas

I am an user of the BC software, and I have met Pete & Sunny at several of the Expos and I like them both. The software is a good tool that I like to use. Recently BC found a trade on AET for me. Using options I doubled my money on that trade in a week. I would have tripeled my money, but I got out two days before the "Bank Stress Test" were released, because I was concerned that the Bank Strees Test results were a wild card that could take a winning trade and turn it in to a loser by upsetting the market. These are real results made with real money and there are countless others that I have done and so have members of my local BC users group. So please come to our UG and see for yourself and meet in person the folks that are making BC trades like these.

#116     Jun 11, 2009
  7. traden4us

traden4us

For the Record,

To all who have read the erroneous words of Spencer Roane deceptive report concerning Best Choice Software. I would like to set the record straight.

I am an independent distributer for Best Choice Software, under the name of Market Timers Software. I personally use, train and sell Best Choice since 2003.

Spencer contacted me a couple of years ago concerning the program. I met with him at his convince at his home and gave him two hours of free introductory training on the usage of the program. Spence purchased the 90 day trial which is a package deal for the program with three months of data. It would break down to $750 for the trial and $145 for three months of data for a total of $895. After several weeks of evaluating the program I again met with Spence and a friend of his for an additional couple hours of free training. As the 90 day lease was close to expiring Spence began to complain to me that he did not have enough time to fully evaluate the program. Upon my request to Pete Hoyt (owner and developer of the software) Pete gave Spence an additional 90 day lease of the program with data free of any charges (an $895 market value). Basically Spencer used the program for six months for the 90 day price.

As everyone who has been trading the markets, one must consider the trends, news, and earning reports etc. To trade against any of these conditions can reap catastrophic results. My evaluations of Spencer’s trades were consistently against the market trends. I would explain this to him, but he would continue to make such trades. I don’t care what program a person might use if you trade against the market trend you will not have good success.

Also, for the record the “interesting development” Spencer alluded to was with another client of mine, who after extensive evaluation of the program decided to purchase the software. She being a very inexperienced trader I invited her to a two day option trading course that I was able to get her a 50% discounted seat for the training to help her learn how to trade options. She was also given an extra day at the seminar, because of my contact, free of charge. This person decided that she did not want the software after the training course, which I believe is because as most of the wanabees they quickly realize that there is a lot of work and training to be successful in the markets. She had the program for 90 days, and to my knowledge never used the program. This person requested that I give here her money back. Her claim was that the program did not work. I explained to her and her attorney that all she has to do is call into the corporate office and relicense the program, which she never did. It is true that the program will not work without the license up to date. In addition I had given this person $750 of discounts to help her get started with the program (of which to this date has not been returned to me). Of course I denied her request for a refund. She had no just cause. She pursued the credit card recourse and Best Choice decided to refund her money rather than continue the dispute. Yes she got over on me.

For the record any one who has any questions concerning the usefulness of this software please visit my website http://www.markettimers.net there you can view a short PowerPoint Presentation that I have posted of a couple of actual trades that I have personally made using the recommendations of the program and I explain exactly why I made the trades. Also, if you will download a free demo of the software from my website I will give you free introductory training. See for yourself how this incredible program can benefit you trading the markets. The reason that we are affiliated with reputable firms like Think or Swim as well as many others, is because they are able to recognize the value and the credibility of this program.

I’m sure they’re will be some posting contrary to my statements and I will not get involved with such petty disputes. Therefore, for the record, this will be my only posting. If you have any questions concerning the Best Choice/Market Timers Program please visit my website http://www.markettimers.net and you are welcome to contact me from there.

Billy Breaud
    traden4us@MarketTimers.net
    http://www.MarketTimers.net
    :)

#117     Jun 15, 2009
  8. Rick1973

Rick1973

Just subscribed to Best Choice and would be willing to provide an opinion after giving it a shot.

#118     Aug 13, 2009
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

me too.

#119     Jun 19, 2011
  10. gaj

gaj

been getting spam from best choice software recently to an address only given to one client, and hasn't been used for nearly 2 years.

#120     Dec 17, 2011