best charting solution

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Dima121, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Dima121

Dima121

I do have a plan, but one that needs fine-tuning. Therefore for the next couple months I want to see how well this plan works via papertrading or maybe having the odd 1 contract trade here and there, mainly for educational purposes. As such I don't think I need to invest in high end software just yet, but you do make a valid point.

#11     Jul 29, 2007
  2. Iwy

Iwy

Hi Dima,
    I've came across some new software here www.amplesight.com
    As I understand it's just a basic version, charting capabilities are not ample, but the set of features is quite interesting.

So you may consider trying this software, too. Besides, it's free now, and uses DTN IQFeed, I think, it will suite you fine.

#12     Aug 1, 2007
  3. Hi Dima,
    Depending on who your broker is, QuoteTrader may be another set of tools to include with your decision making, trade and order management.
    First, QuoteTrader is FREE - so there's no reason not to see how it can help your trading.
    Second, QuoteTrader was designed as a trading application around a DOM which supports single-click order entry and trade management.
    Also, the API of Interactive Brokers and TD AMERITRADE, provide historical and intraday data which power QuoteTrader's FREE Charts, that include 4 Fib indicators (ret, ext, time & circle - briefly demonstrated in this video).
    Lastly, QuoteTrader is integrated tightly with Quote.com, which means you have single-click access to its decision-support resources, like recommendations, fundamental and technical research, global markets, etc..

If you're interested, and available, there are weekly live product demonstrations each Monday at 1:30 pt / 4:30 et. You can attend by visiting this site: http://esignal.acrobat.com/r47733452/ , at the scheduled time.

Alternatively, we've recorded previous webinars (6/25, 07/23, 07/30)

Thanks,

Brent
    QuoteTrader Product Management
    email
    http://www.quote.com/quotetrader

#13     Aug 1, 2007