Best Charting Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ortega, Mar 12, 2004.

1. signals

signals

Not to disagree, but is this on a new build Jerry? Mine (3.4.1) only appears to go to 5 days on the slider box using Custom Period.

For the earlier poster:

QT can pull historical charts from Prophet as well. I personally wish Jerry would build this capability into his chart app.

Jerry's support and service is excellent. He has replied to emails faster than other expensive chart providers take to pick up the phone.

BTW don't be put off by the out of the box appearance of the charts. They can be customized to your liking to look like "professional" charts.

#11     Mar 12, 2004
  2. #12     Mar 12, 2004
  3. Uni

Uni

Db, whose data do you use?

Uni

#13     Mar 13, 2004
  4. sosplants

sosplants

I have TCNet. Great platform. Only drawback is draw tools which I suppliment with Dynamic Trader. TCNet cannot be beat for organizing and sorting equities. This capability alone well worth the price. Clubs and chat a real bonus for those of us that enjoy that sort of thing.

#14     Mar 13, 2004
  5. I challenge someone to show me one thing this charting software cannot do.....

http://www.linnsoft.com

I used it when I traded full-time......with an e-signal feed....It was incredible then, but I can only imagine what it can do now....

Ok....it's a pricey combination....but you get what you pay for in this example...

Michael B.

#15     Mar 13, 2004
  6. Does anyone know of software that includes a zigzag indicator for charts with both price and % filter? I looked at the documentation for Linnsoft and noticed that it has a % filter, with no mention of price.

#16     Mar 13, 2004
  7. How would zig zag work with price.....when used on many different symbols? Percent seems to be most logical?

Perhaps there is automatic ref lines that could be used for your purposes.....I know there is a way in linnsoft....You can build custom indicators too....

Just email them and within one hour you get an answer usually...

Michael B.

#17     Mar 13, 2004
    #18     Mar 13, 2004
  9. You can do this with a custom indicator at Linnsoft....probably with any combination you choose...there is nothing "in a can" at Linnsoft...build your own....easy sort of language to learn too....

Michael B.

#19     Mar 13, 2004
  10. traderob

traderob

Tahoecharts, sierra, and medvedqt are my current favourites (All use IB feed)

#20     Mar 13, 2004