Best charting/order entry combination for day trading stocks with IB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by antares66, Jun 4, 2021.

1. I would like to know your opinion what is the best charting/order entry combination to daytrade stocks with IB. For example:

-Tradingview/IB Booktrader
    -Quantower
    -Ninjatrader
    -Sierra Chart
    -Medvedtrader
    -Prorealtime

2. Tradingview

3. And what is your order entry mask, booktrader, Tws mosaic, Tws classic?

4. roca

roca

I personally use Medved Trader

5. As social proof, a very high number of our VPS users use their IB accounts with NinjaTrader on our servers. NinjaTrader actively works on improving connection with IB, and very recently released a new version that improves 24/7 connectivity for running automated strategies on IB accounts.

6. Are you using IB´s datafeed or an additonal one like quotemedia or barchart?
    I bought a motivewave edition but find the backfill of IB´s data horrible slow. Sometimes it takes minutes to load a 5 minute chart. What i like about quantower most is the fast backfill of IB´s data.

7. Did your customers buy NT or are they using the free Version? I find kinetick rather expensive.

8. roca

roca

Yes I use Quotemedia with it, though Level 2 is not available through Medved using Quotemedia but I don't even use Level 2

9. Vtechno

Vtechno

I use Thinkorswim platform with TD Ameritrade. There is a learning curve to the platform but it's easy once you learn it. Whatever platform you use, trade it in demo/simulator so you are efficient with executions because you don't want to be learning when you're in a live trade. For example, I went to my salary job office early in the morning to trade the NFP. The trade was going my way but then I couldn't figure out the execution of orders. Clicking the correct buttons at the correct time is 100% of the game. I lost a majority of that account and didn't look at TOS for 15 months. I had just opened up the account and didn't learn the platform.

Whatever you choose, please make sure to push buttons and try to make mistakes on demo before going live..it's free.

I'm open to changing if someone can suggest a no commission platform/broker that offers constant volume bars.

10. Justed noticed that the backfill speed in motivewave is much faster that i noticed it some weeks before. I like the Motivewave charts very much but i would love to get quotemedia as a data source. Only barchart is possible. I heard a lot that IB´s data might be unsufficent because they are not tick based.

#10     Jun 6, 2021