Best charting/analysis software for hands on training

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by cyb3rtr0n, Apr 25, 2010.

1. cyb3rtr0n

cyb3rtr0n

Hello,

I plan on spending the next few+ months studying technical analysis from books.

I'm looking for a software program that will allow me to use the techniques with real (end of day) data in all aspects of technical analysis.

I've seen programs like metatrader and esignal recommended for active traders. But, I am wondering if paying that much per month is overkill for hands on training?

Is there any good technical analysis charting software that is a one time payment, and uses end of day pricing instead of live pricing? I'm thinking the live market pricing is why some of the recommended software costs over $100/month.

Or, is that the price I need to pay to use the good charting software whether I am actively trading or just training myself the techniques?

thank you.

2. Shagi

Shagi

3. cyb3rtr0n

cyb3rtr0n

Thanks. I'm going to give this a try. I must have overlooked this option when I checked their site the other day.

Just signed up for eSignal On Demand $24.99/month.

4. Andyroki

Andyroki

for free you can try TurTrades . It lets you practice trading in the past using real historical market data, it also has a number of technical indicators. And next market day is only a click away to see your results.
    Good luck.

5. When I was still practicing trading 4 years ago, I am using MS Excel to track my paper trades. The objective of my paper trade is to simulate my trading and money management system in preparatory to real trading environment. I compute useful stats such as trading expectancy (average profit per trade), my %win and loss.

I found it very useful and helpful to track stock manually by just looking at Yahoo finance quotes, etc. Although it was crude and not automated, it gets the job done; and I save a lot of cash than buying trading software right away.

When I was about to buy a trading software, I select based on my comfort and specifications which I learn from my paper trading sessions. So if you are still new, I suggest you should learn <a href="http://www.stock-trading.me/2008/03/how-to-do-paper-trading-in-stocks/">how to do paper trading in stocks</a> first using MS Excel.