Best Car for Newly Hired Trader

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wharton06, May 3, 2006.

1. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

My fiance bought a 2004 Prius for $21K. She could sell it for $27K today! 28% appreciation in 2 years ... beats a lot of stocks in percentage ROI. Wish I'd bought one ... 50-55 mpg, plenty of leg room (I'm 6'2") and decent acceleration. Gas prices are heading only one way .. higher!

#41     May 3, 2006
  2. I drive a new Nissan Maxima which has the same chassis as the Infiniti G35. I'm single and would've went with the coupe but I live in a friggin' snow belt and needed the rear wheel drive.

Same engine as G35 too. My maxima 4 door rips it up, 275 ponies, sports a navi, and gets mad crazy 28 mpg. I get hot tail with it to boot.

I used to have a sleek honda accord coupe, but had to get rid of it because of that pussy-ass horn, lol. c'mon everyone sportin' a honda knows what i'm talking about.

#42     May 3, 2006
  3. I test drove the Rx8 GT yesterday because they use to sponcer me. VERY slow from bottom to mid range, but once the RPM hits 7k, WOW!

-Kastro

#43     May 4, 2006
  4. Atlantic

Atlantic

if you wanna be a REAL trader $50K for a car won't do it - never - forget it. you need a car with AT LEAST 600 hp - 600 is the way to go these days - so:

mb slr or 65 amg
    porsche gt
    maybach
    ferrari enzo or 599 gtb
    lamborghini murc.
    bentley (maybe)

but that's of course if you want to be a REAL trader. $50K for a car? come on ...

#44     May 4, 2006

5. Well kid, if you don't mind me saying so: The odds you making it are already against you. You have got the wrong mindset.

Since you are so brainy, I'll leave it to yourself to work out why that is.

vital analitics

#45     May 4, 2006
  6. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

this guy is toast ...

"Im about to enter into the pits, and since I read some books and took a few tests 9 months out of the year for the past 4, I and my daddy feel that I've earned the right to travel into them in style..."

Don't talk about money ...

#46     May 4, 2006

7. what is being said is, either buy an inexpensive car OR buy one of the world's best, if you are into image---- bentley, aston martin, et al. everything inbetween is the same thing over and over again.

surfer

#47     May 4, 2006
  8. I didn't read through this thread because the original post is ridiculous. I'm sure someone else has already given you this opinion, but since you asked for opinions here's mine.

WHO CARES! Why are you so concerned with what car to drive? Why don't you spend your time worrying about something that really matters instead of what car you are going to look the best in?

Why don't you worry about a disabled person that cannot work and hardly has enough money to eat. Worry about an elderly person with no family that can barley move and cannot afford a medical care. Worry about a children who have lost both parents and must go to orphanages. Worry about starving people all across the world. WORRY ABOUT SOMETHING THAT MATTERS!

When you die people aren't going to say, "Oh that wharton06 he/she sure did drive a nice car, had a nice house and a wonderful bank account. What a great man/woman."

Your image matters for a brief second. Put your money to work in the market, assuming you will be successful, and help other people with your profits. You will feel much better about yourself because when that car gets old your image isn't so cool anymore.

Hope you enjoyed my opinion.

#48     May 4, 2006
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

if papi ponies up the money and you got good grades...id say go for it kiddo..dont invest it just freaken get the car homey. At your age PUSSY is numero uno...you will have a lifetime to invest and get jiggy with it..peace

#49     May 4, 2006
  10. This look will let Wall Street know you mean business.
    [​IMG]

#50     May 4, 2006