Best Car for Newly Hired Trader

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wharton06, May 3, 2006.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Exactly my thought. This question is pretty similar to the one posted under chit-chat and asking for a decent watch...

#31     May 3, 2006
  2. Go for a new tahoe and load it up.. 07 LTZ w/ Navi..Take the rest and buy a good overcoat and gloves, Chicago is freezing.

#32     May 3, 2006
  3. Moreagr

Moreagr

a new vette or a...

Crossfire SRT convertible are classy and sporty at the same time

with a 3.2L supercharged engine. :)

#33     May 3, 2006
  4. Banjo

Banjo

1. Your parents are bozos, they should have provided you a Subaru or similar 4wd Chicago winter car and given you the rest to invest to see what you're made of.
    2. You're a bozo if all you have to offer is unearned flash. You won't last long anywhere. Hope you don't have to compete with real players.
    3. Forget about chicks who are looking for the flash, what you need is some one who believes in you and helps you through life, not some one looking for the Amex black card. Together you can create anything. It's amazing what a $2.00 whore can cost in the long run.
    4. Unless you really know something about cars it's going to end up on the scrap pile one day anyway. Really smart investors know how to turn everything into an investment , cars, houses, wives, even children.
    5. Everyone's human time is a knot on the string of eternity. If you could look back on your familys string for 2k yrs, examine every knot carefully, who would you respect , the shriveled little knot of the fool who fell prey to his adolecent desires or the robust knot of the warrior who refused to play the fool and catapaulted his family forward as his true responsibility demanded.

edit, You're going into a big boys game, I suggest the Bentley Continental, if not that, step down a notch and get the Aston Martin Vantage. The Mecerdes is a rich housewifes ride.

#34     May 3, 2006
  5. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

LOL @ "bozo." Haven't heard that word in a while. Oldie but goodie.

#35     May 3, 2006

6. nicely said, insightful, and super true, banjo.

you forgot to add, however, " we buy mercedes for our babies momies" LOL !

or my favorite: "cars are twinkets, i want land" gene simmons.

surfer

#36     May 3, 2006
  7. wharton06

wharton06

Thanks to everyone for their contributions. I should also disclose that my parents live outside of the United States. In fact, the reason why they are being so generous is because our home currency has appreciated so strongly against the US Dollar.

In fact, they are currently looking into condo's as well. They will probably buy one and have me pay for the monthly fees on the place.

#37     May 3, 2006
  8. wharton06

wharton06

Interesting. I guess you guys are saying that a Mercedes isn't the image I'm going for. Housewives drive these cars?

Glad, I found this out. Can you tell me which car either you drive or aspire to drive?

Thanks.

#38     May 3, 2006
  9. Ferrari f430
    Ferrari CS
    Pagani Zonda C12 F
    1961 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato
    1994 Dauer 962 LeMans
    1994 Hamann F40

Just to name a few :)

-Kastro

#39     May 3, 2006
  10. 28k when you consider the 3k tax credit you get for hybrids... :D