Best Car for Newly Hired Trader

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wharton06, May 3, 2006.

1. i agree. if they will allow it buy a cheap used car and invest the rest.

#11     May 3, 2006
  2. kwancy

kwancy

good to be a young graduate with rich parents who possibly can provide you a good network to land a good job. But seriously, you do not want to get to freshy as it will get people around you jealous, even your boss...(of course unless your boss is going to be your father)

#12     May 3, 2006
  3. Best advise I've seen on ET in quite a while.

#13     May 3, 2006
  4. Hehe, that's why I suggested the Ford Tempo. Back awhile ago my friends and I called it the "Big Temp".... although it was small :(

Amazing gas mileage though, but moved on to a 98 Mustang instead.

He will probably blow up all his money.

#14     May 3, 2006
  5. eagle

eagle

If you like the engine then go with BMW. Congratulations!

#15     May 3, 2006
  6. John47

John47

I just had a premonition that this is just a little too out there for a first post, and that this is actually some forum regular birthing a new alias to have a little fun.

If no, what firm are you with? I must be right next to you, I trade in chicago in an office smack dab in between the Merc and Cbot on W Adams.

#16     May 3, 2006
  7. trom

trom

Take the EL. Red Line. Get off at Jackson. :D

#17     May 3, 2006
  8. jho

jho

Honestly, the best thing you could do is buy an 80's camaro (like the red dragon from Old School). Buy Mr Double's trading system and double your money again and again. BAM! you're rich, never work again!

#18     May 3, 2006
  9. Pabst

Pabst

I've lived my entire life in Chicago and drove daily to the CBOT.

For one, Chicago is convertible weather about 120 days a year. If you MUST get a convertible, then get one with a retractable hard top. (if you were a REAL trader you'd have TWO cars). The SLK fits the bill but it's sort of a chick's car. Also, even with traction control, RWD cars are a bitch in Chicago winters. Particularly 3 series BMW's that have too much weight distribution in the front.

Personally I'd opt for the G35 (Coupe). I've spent the past few months in SoFla and I'm noticing that the G35 is the hot car among drivers who would have opted for a 330i a few years back. If you need more "status" then see if a 5 series is within your budget. But honestly I think it's weird to see a young guy driving a 50k car. I'd start out easy and pop for the 335i Coupe that's going to be released in the States next year. It should look like a smaller 645.

#19     May 3, 2006
  10. Try not to big league your boss and co-workers.

#20     May 3, 2006