Best Car for Newly Hired Trader

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wharton06, May 3, 2006.

1. wharton06

wharton06

Hi,

A friend of mine told me about this site. By way of introduction, I'll be graduating in about two weeks and moving to Chicago for a job at a firm located near the exchanges.

Anyway, as a reward for my 4 years of hard work, my parents told me they would buy me any car I wanted, so long as it was less than $50,000. I figured I could get some advice from guys on here as to what the hot cars are for traders. Since I'll be driving to work most days, I want a car that fits the part. Most of my friends have taken jobs in NYC, so they really have no idea what cars are really in style these days.

Thus far, my list includes the following:

Mercedes Benz CLK350
    Mercedes Benz SLK280 Roadster
    BMW 330CI Convertible
    Infiniti G35 Coupe.

The last one would leave me about $20k under the limit and maybe it's not choice enough anyway.

Interested in your opinions

2. ........ :confused:

What does this have to do with your career in trading?

I say Ford Tempo!

3. phoenix3

phoenix3

4. 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. General Motors says it will be the quickest and fastest production car it has ever produced. Chevy says the 2006 Z06 will accelerate from zero to 60 mph in well under 4 seconds, run the quarter-mile in the mid-11-second range and top out at 190 mph.

5. ugghhh...

6. Mercedes Benz CLK350 COupe

well get you lots of P

7. wharton06

wharton06

Yes, excellent. I had forgotten about the Z06. The specs are amazing. I'll have to take that into consideration as well.

8. Great call, the Z06 looks amazing.

9. Take the cash and invest it. Show your parents you actually learned something at school. :0

10. you might have to twist dads arm. its more than 50k.

#10     May 3, 2006