Best calls you've seen on ET

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cutten, Jan 19, 2008.

1. enkidu

enkidu

UHHHH.....

How about George Soros CALLING the direction of the british pound...

How about John Arnold calling the direction of the natural gas spread...

How about Johnson Paulson calling the sub-prime market...

Not saying ET members do that or I do that :p , but don't give me the BS of how calling things correctly is "impossible"

And no, and I don't think the three guys I mentioned above are just "lucky" and happened to be on the right side

#11     Jan 19, 2008
  2. donnap

donnap

How about Livermore making 100 million during the crash of '29. Sometimes it's not the great call, but how you follow up.

I made a great call in 2004 - fantastic - only to give it all back.:mad:

#12     Jan 19, 2008

3. LOL, this jackass uses his alias, and then signs it blackguard. WHAT A MAROOON, like Bugs would say.:p

#13     Jan 19, 2008
  4. Also he was wrong..rally only lasted 4 1/2 months...LOL!!! :D

#14     Jan 19, 2008
  5. I did not said they were impossible - One man's trash is another man's treasure -

when Brian Hunter was losing John Arnond was making millions. Someone has to be on the other side, and for John he was on the right side and before Arnold came into the ring it was Hunter who was making the millions.

Paul Johnson, he made a good bet - short on mortgage. Everyone is saying Joshnson is brilliant, but no one is saying they know how he did it, or how he knew last year that the sub-prime crisis was coming. There was certainly something wrong when just about everyone could have afford a home...even a homeless man. This is almost like the tulip mania in 17th-century. By golly we think that we could learn from history...I guess not, greed clouds our minds.

George Soros - Bless the man, he bet more than others. I am sure there were other traders that shorted the BP, on "Black Wednesday" when the Bank of England did not raised its interest. I know, my uncle shorted the BP as well, but certainly not $10 billion worth of BP

You left one person out of your reply. What about Jesus, surely HE could be listed as one of the best "traders" ever walked this earth.
    :eek:

#15     Jan 19, 2008
  6. Cutten

Cutten

Ok just to make clear, for those who failed reading comprehension at school - this thread is for posting successful trading calls ONLY.

If you want to pontificate on the relevance of trading calls, how easily they are faked, or how reliant on luck - feel free to do so, but start your own thread and do it there, not here. Ok? Good.

#16     Jan 19, 2008
  7. You are right !

#17     Jan 19, 2008
  8. Cutten

Cutten

See rules above:

"1) you can't nominate any of your own trading calls"

No self-promotion on this thread please.

#18     Jan 19, 2008
  9. #19     Jan 19, 2008
  10. Mvic

Mvic

Anyone can make great calls now and then, very few can make significant money from great calls, even their own. Luck, trade and money management, and the exit all play a critical role.

#20     Jan 19, 2008