Best C# or C++ platform - backtesting and shorting?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by torewy, Aug 13, 2020.

1. torewy

torewy

Hi all - I am looking for a C# or C++ platform that will allow me to backtest and optimize algos - and also looking for a broker that gives me the best inventory of Hard to Borrow stocks. I trade mostly on NASDAQ and NYSE and like to both buy and short stocks in the $1 to $10 range. I am new to algo trading so any suggestions on the appropriate platform and broker for my purposes would be most appreciated. Many thanks.

trader221 likes this.
  2. quantconect.com: plateforme cloud pour algo trader et quant: C# and python

Script de Ninjatrader : IDE C# integre on Ninjatrader 7 and 8 plateform

3. QC is the best choice for your case.
    it has all the data you need for the backtest at your disposal for free.
    In addition you can use it for live trading on brokers like IB.

I love it

torewy likes this.
  4. JSOP

JSOP

C# backtesting platform: MultiCharts

Best broker for Hard to Borrow stocks: Interactive Brokers

torewy likes this.
  5. Even C#, tests have proven Mutilcharts results are not as reliable.

6. lvca

lvca

If you can code C and C#, you can code Javascript. If this is the case, look at the Arcade Trader platform. You can backtest up to Tick level (but be ready to be slow and expensive once you break the free weekly tokens). Otherwise for minute level is free/cheap and super fast.

It has connectors for Alpaca, TD Ameritrade and Robinhood. Not sure if those brokers have the best HTB stocks, I've never compared them on this.

7. RedDuke

RedDuke

We using NinjaTrader c#, it is great software and it is free until you need it for live trading. Only use NT8, older version less superior.

8. fan27

fan27

I use SigmaTrader. Solid choice if portfolio backtesting/live trading is a priority.

9. torewy

torewy

Thank you. Is there a particular broker I can use through SigmaTrader that has a high inventory of hard to borrow stocks? Thanks again.

10. fan27

fan27

Yes...as they have an out-of-box integration with Interactive Brokers.

#10     Aug 13, 2020