Best bucket shop for micro accounts

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by AyeYo, Sep 9, 2009.

1. AyeYo

AyeYo

So, I'm really fed up with forex.com. The quotes/charts have been screwed up during the NY session for almost a week now. Tech support isn't much help, they just keep telling me to flush the dns cache, which does absolutely nothing.

So who's the best? I was considering Oanda until I read the JPY disaster thread. I noticed a lot of people use FXCM, but yet I keep hearing bad things about them.

What do you guys recommend?

2. cstfx

cstfx

Overall, Oanda is still probably your best best for trading micro lots, especially since reading your journal you are in a learning phase and Oanda offers any lot size to trade. The JPY incident was an aberration to a "mostly" steady - it was corrected and trades reversed. FXCM, while still the most ubiquitous due to their excessive advertising, is not any better than Forex.com.

3. Oanda +1

4. AyeYo

AyeYo

Signed up for an Oanda practice account today. Going to take some getting used to. I'll see how it goes.

5. cstfx

cstfx

I know you will be more satisfied with the Oanda platform than Forex.com. But it is not a perfect setup. In fact, there is no perfect setup, but to have the ability to size your trades in any fashion (want to do 100 dollar notional value trade, not a problem) helps as you get your chops. Because trading real money, even if a small amount, is more realistic than any demo can ever have. One plus you should avail yourself is the use of the trailing stop, which is new to the platform (as in only the past few months). Also have a decent news feed (not split second, TradeTheNews comparable, but good enough.

Cons: charting could be better plus you can't use front ends like Ninja with Forex.com, has the occassional outage (who doesn't), spreads w-i-d-e-n alot going into the weekend, withdrawals can only be made back to the form and bank from which it came (deposit check, get check back, wire funds, wire funds back to the bank it came from)