Best Browser for ET

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by nononsense, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Hi All,

Having done a lot of ET browsing as of late, I became aware of the very poor performance of my Internet Explorer (under XP).

I switched to Opera and all my problems with poor response (or no response at all) disappeared. Does anyone have a similar experience?

Be good,

nononsense

2. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

Why pay when equivalent alternatives are free?? Senseless!

:)

3. It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
    You're not of much help.

4. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

mozilla firefox (don't forget to browse all the great extensions)

:)

5. Your problem is XP, not IE.

Your XP is hanging on bullshit network tricks.
    Try all the latest patches.
    Then try Win2K.

peace

axeman

6. Firefox is great! I have been using it now for about a month. It is fast, free, and best of all, bug free.

7. Hi All,
    Thx. for your help. I'm now on Firefox. Works very well. In fact I have been using Mozilla in Linux but never tried it in XP.

I like Opera also though. Works well and is very flexible in running multiple pages. Perhaps, I'm not yet a 100% Firefox virtuoso to compare both. Anyway, IE is out!

Thx. all again,

nononsense

8. GET THE "MOUSE GESTURES" EXTENSION!!

cant surf without that.

:-/

9. maxpi

maxpi

I had a couple of problems with it. The tradestation forums would come up with all kinds of html code in the coding examples for one.

Firefox is the only one I know of that has bookmark synching. I got really used to having the same bookmarks at every computer and then SynchIt failed as a business. I haven't gotten the one with Firefox working yet, I have to supply an address to some webspace and I have to get together with my IP and figure out what they are talking about.

Max

10. This is true. All my IE bookmarks work both ways. Even better, under IE, some of my original IE bookmarks don't expand properly, although they used to before. Surprisingly, no problem with Firefox with these dysfunctional ones.

Comparing with Foxfire with Opera, I must say that Opera has a big advantage in that you have almost unlimited newpage creation possibilities, with all pages directly accessible as active at all times. It's not free though.

No comparison with IE. I'm junking the dog.

#10     Mar 18, 2004