Best brokerage for new traders?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by niteflite, Sep 10, 2018.

1. geedy

geedy

This is why it imperative that each individual should outline all the suggestions because you can't choose all the brokers at the same. So as you outline the brokers, make research on each one of them, then narrow your search down till you get that one that suits you.

#21     Mar 29, 2019
  2. Vuu

Vuu

Of course, it is whom you have worked with that you can recommend. Anything outside of that is almost wickedness on your part.

#22     Apr 1, 2019
  3. I can't make a recommendation, but I will point out that TDAmeritrade and IB both support Linux users, and apparently nobody else does, so if you use Linux you are probably looking at one of these two for your final choice.

#23     Apr 1, 2019
  4. Andras

Andras

You already made a recommendation and it's not a bad thing, at the end of the day it is the trader who has the ultimate decision to decide which to trade with it.

#24     Apr 2, 2019
  5. LewisJas

LewisJas

You can try fxbrew! Trading with them past few months and they been surprisingly good so far

#25     May 15, 2019
  6. 9999

What would you recommend for stocks trading? Small size, position only, no daytrade.
    TiA

#26     May 16, 2019
  7. Any broker with good customer service , don't worry about commissions.I'll single out TDAmeritrade as the best.

#27     May 17, 2019
  8. Arthur5

Arthur5

Coinexx ECN and fxchoice pro are good options for those who looking for off brokers. They offer very low spread and cheap commission with no issues so far.

#28     May 23, 2019
  9. geedy

geedy

I doubt if good customer service beats cheap trading commissions and low spreads.

#29     May 29, 2019
  10. Just a newbie here but I agree. Customer service is important but not as important as low commissions and fast execution and good routing and spreads. So far I am doing okay with IB though honestly I don't have any experience to compare it to. And since I am a Linux user, my only other choice is TDAmeritrade, anyway. If I was a WinDOHs user then LightSpeed would be on my short list, too.

Commissions are probably less important for big traders. With small positions, the last think you want is a flat rate commission structure. If you have to make $6 before you actually net anything, it puts a lot of pressure on a very small trader. Low level scalping can earn more for your broker than for you. With a nice small percentage it is not so big a deal. But ANY day trader needs reasonably fast execution. We target the most volatile stocks, sometimes with not so great liquidity, so price slides are a pretty big thing. When you click and instantly hear "Order Filled" it is very reassuring.

TBH, if I were swing trading I would want to have a look at Robin Hood, for the freedom from commissions. Day trading? No way. Execution speed and spread are too important to take a chance on.

#30     May 29, 2019