Best brokerage for new traders?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by niteflite, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Trader13

Trader13

Most brokers offer a free demo account so you can try out their software. Note that modern broker software is a lot more than just execution software to enter buy/sell transactions. Modern platforms offer complex order types based on conditional logic. And brokers also try to distinguish themselves by offering free analysis tools. Ten years ago, analysis tools were largely separate. So approach your evaluation from both perspectives, analysis and execution. What's best for you depends on how you trade ... outrights, options, spreads, etc.

#11     Sep 12, 2018
  2. IB

#12     Sep 15, 2018
    optionsgambler likes this.
  3. niteflite,

I am really going to get it for this post from the wonderboys here...

But trade live at Robinhood....vs Sim..You will get your feet wet in a partial trading environment. You can trade fractional shares there.

...you will grow and eventually be able to imagine real Brokers like IB.

ES

#13     Sep 15, 2018
  4. qlai

qlai

Shocked no one said thinkorswim! Everything a new trader needs to grow. No platform or data costs. Excellent support. Many freebies. Indicator overload. Automation. OnDemand/Replay. Options, futures, forex. Runs on linux! And now only $5!

#14     Sep 15, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  5. Mellov

Mellov

It's best to begin with a demo account. Try Forexchief broker for easy and less complicated trading conditions.

#15     Jan 30, 2019
  6. What country are you? Forexchief claims there are not fees for wire transfer withdraw option; have you used that payment option with the broker?

#16     Jan 31, 2019
  7. geedy

geedy

For a new trader, you should be thinking of starting your trade with small capital. IB minimum deposit is on the high side. So start small. Try Forexchief broker for $100 or more and see how good you can be. Do not risk your money on a complex platform until you are familiar with all trading concepts.

#17     Mar 24, 2019
  8. Vuu

Vuu

I support that as well. I don't think it is fair for IB to place such amount as minimum deposit. I just wish they have a small account size. Forexchief is a good choice afterall.

#18     Mar 25, 2019
  9. QP18

QP18

I've opened accounts with TDAmeritrade, Etrade, Interactive Brokers, MerillLynch, Robinhood, Centerpoint Securities, Optionshouse (before etrade bought them out), Fidelity. Every broker has pros and cons depending on what you are looking for. But I can tell you that considering aspect, Etrade is the worst by far.

#19     Mar 27, 2019
  10. Andras

Andras

personally, Forexchief is a good option. There are many of these brokers, but we can only recommend what we know and trust.

#20     Mar 29, 2019