Best Brokerage for Frequent Traders

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Port1385, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Everyone knows my slanted views on these on-line brokerages. Now here is hard data as to the best brokerage for frequent traders.

I will not post my own views. You can go back through my posts to discover what brokerages I prefer (and the ones that I asbolutely despise). Some of my highly opinionated posts have been deleted because of complaints by sponsors.

Lets discuss...

[​IMG]

2. scores of IB are quite good!

3. gkishot

gkishot

So are of everybody else!

4. That really doesn't mean anything, that's just Barrons. Go to other sites who rate the brokers and you will see a complete different list of winners.

5. Gizzz

Gizzz

yes, barely meaningless,if that!

6. That is not hard data, it is a subjective opinion based on dubious criteria. The people at Barron's aren't traders and aren't using the rated brokers multiple times a day.

Giving TradeStation and Interactive Brokers the same rating is a sad joke. Let's look at a real world rating system: where do active traders put their cash and trading securities.

As of 12/31/2008 TradeStation had total customer equity of $1.6 billion and Interactive Brokers had total customer equity of $8.9 billion. Not even close to an equal rating when done by actual customers voting with their own money.

7. akeserla

akeserla

I do subscribe to barrons and was unable to find the article online, I did not register the title of the article. I wanted to post the more detailed breakdown of the brokers.

If someone can post the other table or post the link of the article, I can do it

8. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

9. akeserla

akeserla

Yes it does, it is a pdf attachment... I do subscribe to both print/online version and the title had no mention about brokers ;)