Best Broker ???

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jaiko, Jul 19, 2003.

1. damir00

damir00 Guest

i've never really understood the need for phone access. in the several months i've been with IB there has not been a single occassion where i felt a compelling need to call them.

frankly, the last thing i want is a broker i need to call, lol. i used to call Fidelity all the time, but then, there was a never-ending stream of reasons to have to call them!

#11     Aug 1, 2003
  2. gemini_315

gemini_315 Guest

Well DEF I decided to take your suggestion and I did call IB today during trading hours and I was quite pleasantly surprised. I called all of the numbers (trading desk, trading support, fund transfers, technical support) and they all answered very quickly. Matter of fact I called the trading desk a few times just in case I got lucky the first time.

Of course I have not had the experience of dealing with IB when there is a real problem, and cannot comment on that.

My main concern was that someone actually answer the phone, and that seems not to be an issue any more.

I will definitely consider IB for opening an account. Thanks for the advice.

#12     Aug 1, 2003
  3. TOL

TOL

I too opened this week an account at IB.

#13     Aug 1, 2003
  4. Phreedm

Phreedm

You opened this week? Exactly how did you do that?
    j/k......I couldn't risist. Not that I'm the best spiller either

#14     Aug 1, 2003