best broker?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by DT-waw, Apr 26, 2001.

1. Echo is a Professional Firm.

Pre. I was definitely sold on Echo very quickly after doing some research on the different firms around. Rob Keller is a great guy.

The big drawback to a professional firm is it requires a stockbrokers license, Series 7, to trade with them.

rtharp

#11     May 1, 2001
  2. NKNY

NKNY

Could someone please explain how bullets work.

Thank you in advance,

Nick

#12     May 1, 2001
  3. PKJR

PKJR

rtharp,

It seems to me that their software is very basic (especially scharting part) is this also your observation?

Thanks

#13     May 1, 2001
  4. #14     May 2, 2001
  5. On the software I find it outperforms RealTick.

I can get just about any indicator I want on the charts if that was your question. I tend to just use candlesticks , volume, and the time and sales window for my trading.

rtharp

#15     May 2, 2001
  6. DT-WAV not sure if you are still around but if you look above there is a link called Brokers. It is a link for a public review of different direct access brokers.

rtharp

#16     May 2, 2001
  7. coops

coops

I'm using Datek with quotetracker (www.quotetracker.com) for point and click trading.

Datek direct lets you choose routing for Nasdaqs.... also get streaming quotes free and level 2 available....

BTW just stumbled across equitytrading.com - anyone got any news/experience with them. Looks like 7.95 for market and limit orders plus direct trading etc... will be investigating

chris

#17     May 2, 2001
  8. mjt

mjt

praetorian

Did you decide not to use Hold Brothers? I'm in the process of opening an account with them. Do they not offer you a cap on commission?

#18     May 2, 2001
  9. I didn't like that they didn't offer a cap on commish. Echo caps at 25 a ticket, and I do a lot of 3-5k trades, so it would cost me more for those. Their rate per share was also a bit higher even though I do 2mil +/- a month (though the number seems to go up a few 100k each month). I think echo is giving me a better offer, but their guys who I talked to at hold were very nice as well.

#19     May 2, 2001
  10. mamt8r

mamt8r

pt2- who are you currently with?

#20     May 2, 2001