Best broker to trade with in Canada? (Paying $29.99 per trade right now with TD)

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by PolymathMind, Apr 25, 2010.

1. deaddog

deaddog

What platform are you using ?
    How much do you pay for data fees?
    Are you on the per share or per trade plan?

#11     Sep 18, 2010
  2. klepto84

klepto84

I use the Meridian and Axis Pro depending on my circumstances.
    I am paying $6.99 per trade.
    ECN fees are extra, but if you use the MGNT option and don't move liquidity (increase the bid or lower the ask) you can avoid ECN fees.

The best thing is the dude they assigned to me held my hand like you wouldn't believe.
    Patient, knowledgeable and truly cares. When they say they build their business one customer at a time--they really mean it.
    I am getting more service, quicker response, more education and coaching--not in terms of what to invest in, but how to use the tools...than I ever recieved from my RBC full service advisor. And I paid up to $300 per transaction!

If you sign up, ask for Peter Wong. The guy changes his clothes in phone booths. Tell him Dan P. from Kitchener sent ya!

By the way, I don't work for VB. And didn't know Peter before I signed up.
    I'm just another guy tired of taking it from the banks and trying to get back to even.

#12     Sep 18, 2010
  3. Hmm I checked them out. The typical old school crap broker. IB Canada blows them away.

#13     Sep 18, 2010
  4. klepto84

klepto84

What do you mean "you checked them out"?
    And what do you mean "old school crap broker"?

Can you be a bit more specific regarding your research, experience and conclusion.

#14     Sep 18, 2010
  5. deaddog

deaddog

I'll do that Monday.
    If nothing else the free trades interest me.

You didn't mention what data fees applied. What does it cost if you don't trade for a month?

#15     Sep 19, 2010
  6. 4GOOG

4GOOG

I recently opened an account with Virtual Brokers [ www.virtualbrokers.com ]
    When I tried to return my money back from virtual brokers to my own bank I had problem getting my money back. I filled the form on their website which state that within 2 days the money will be return via EFT - the secretary on the phone confirmed it will be done within 2 days. It was not. Later I talked to Mr. Peter Wong, one of their Trading Support people (at that time). I was verbally told the money will be in my account in 10 days. It was not. I contacted a manager BBS Securities Inc. [ Virtual Brokers is a branch of this company ], I was told he will look into this … now I’m in contact with investment industry regulatory organization of canada - 416-943-6910
    Is anyone out there had similar problem with Virtual Brokers ? Have you got your money back? What did you do?

#16     Oct 8, 2010