Best Broker/Platform for Mac User?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Boomer, Feb 6, 2011.

1. tonyalva

tonyalva

Nicely said. The true believers will never stop believing. Basically, some of these folks are so dedicated yet on the completely wrong track to success in the market that they will commit hari Kari for their beliefs despite being proven wrong again and again. They prefer pretty charts and complexity to what really works. Give em a few lucky wins and another financial kamikaze is created for the cause Dr. Atticus knows his sh*t the less experienced should listen.

#21     Feb 9, 2011
  2. lol, I idolized Alva as a kid. I'd built a half-pipe by the time I was 12 that was true vert and had a nice flat.

#22     Feb 9, 2011
  3. txtrading

txtrading

Another charting and screening program on the Mac is SystemTrader. For intraday real-time, it uses the IB API. For end-of-day, it can use Google, Yahoo, MSN.

#23     Feb 9, 2011
  4. IB runs well on either Mac or PC. You can run Investor/RT by Linn Software on a Mac, using IB data. No need for VMware.

OldTrader

#24     Feb 9, 2011
  5. Boomer

Boomer

Thanks for all the great info.

I think as I get back into the game, I am wanting to keep things simple. I probably did not give enough info on my trading strategy, but I will mainly be swing trading and holding for 1-3 days.

I am strongly leaning to going with TOS, knowing it works well with my mac and that it has solid charting that comes with it.

Thoughts...

#25     Feb 10, 2011
  6. opw

opw

I have used macs for years.

One pretty good and fast charting platform is the new TC2000 version 11. It runs on Macs and Windows machines through Microsoft Silverlight as a local application, not in your browser.

You can define custom scans, have free (BATS only) intraday data and its is one of the quickest ways to scroll through a lot of charts I know.
    It also has sector info, trendline alters, etc.

I use this together with IB as a trading platform.

As a backup I still use Tradestation, though off course it requires use of bootcamp or parallels.

freestockchart.com offers a taste of what tc2000 v11 is like, but obviously misses some features.

#26     Feb 10, 2011