Best Broker for U.S. Retail Traders?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by lentus, Jul 16, 2019.

1. lentus

lentus

"Optimus Futures LLC is pleased to announce our partnership with IG, a world renowned 44-year old online forex trading provider bringing their high-quality FX trading services to the US."

What? :D

#11     Jul 17, 2019
  2. lentus

lentus

These guys seem to imply that SEC regulation is more legit than NFA/CFTC or something and that's a very flimsy point to make and it just strikes me like they just have their own agenda to steer you to their firms.

#12     Jul 17, 2019
  3. bbpp

bbpp

Yes, I traded through them myself for long time.
    I did not see problems you mentioned at my brokers.
    We also have online forum that traders exchange information about those brokers. Any issue from any broker would be posted on forum to alert traders.

https://forums.babypips.com/t/going-offshore-to-escape-the-cftc/35612

#13     Jul 17, 2019
    lentus likes this.
  4. lentus

lentus

bbbbbb but they are not SEC broker-dealers!

#14     Jul 17, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

So, lentus, you agree with this forum link, which is specific to babypips.com/t/going-offshore-to-escape-the-cftc/...

So you agree with him, or not? Is the CFTC worthy of your business in your spot forex world, which is not regulated by anyone?

#15     Jul 17, 2019
  6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

These brokers that are offshore are not allowed to legally accept USA customers or Residents. Period.
    The fact that they do tells me everything about them.
    If they are not concerned with breaking the legal requirements above then why would they be concerned with providing fair trading conditions, let alone in a market where most market makers stand against their customers trading. Anyway, trade where you wish, these are only my 2 cents.

#16     Jul 18, 2019
    Humble Investor likes this.
  7. bbpp

bbpp

They are not allowed to "solicit" US customers, but if US traders come to them, and they accept , that will be no problem.
    The situation is similar to online poker. US authorities don't like offshore pokerooms to take US customers, but they can't prevent US sitizens from playing online poker at offshare pokerooms.
    However, US poker players and US traders are both well serviced at offshare pokerooms and offshare brokers.

Those forex brokers allowed to legally operate in US offer far worse trading conditions than their offshore counterparts. That is why we go to offshare.

BTW, most of those offshare brokers are ECN types brokers that don't bet against customers.The brokers who bet against customers offer fixed spread.
    All the brokers in our list offer variable spread.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    #17     Jul 18, 2019
  8. lentus

lentus

OK, dude, don't be ridiculous. They are breaking US law by accepting US customers, period. Let's just say they're careful with their travel plans to avoid extradition to US.

#18     Jul 18, 2019
    MattZ likes this.
  9. bbpp

bbpp

Who care.
    If someone is caught, plenty people behind would line up.
    I am happy as long as I have a good broker to trade.

#19     Jul 18, 2019
  10. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

The CFTC will issue a notice to any Forex Dealer that is not licensed in the USA.
    Research CFTC going after Tallinex is Estonia, JAFX in Bulgaria, etc.
    These are countries you referring to as "offshore" gets their bank account Frozen when the CFTC goes after them. Try and get your funds out then. Anyway, I am done on the topic because I would never encourage any (reasonable) trader to leverage 1:500 that yields bad gambling like results.

#20     Jul 18, 2019