Best Broker for trading options

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by redminpin10, Dec 27, 2012.

1. There is a reason why that every other broker compares themselves to the expensive brokers out there, NEVER WITH INTERACTIVE BROKERS

show me 1 option broker that compares their prices with INTERACTIVE BROKERS

THEY DON'T

THERE'S A REASON.

#11     Mar 12, 2013
  2. ofthomas

ofthomas

for whatever is worth, given I dont trade options and you didnt mentioned if you do options on futures or cash equities... if I was in your situation, I would switch... but ask yourself first the following question... why do you use TOS? is it because of the execution or the analytics?

given your account size, you qualify for a lot of more powerful platforms out there... and any broker would be willing to negotiate your comms... so if you start out instead with what you trade, what platform will meet your requirements, etc... you will find that you can narrow further your brokers... and even further depending on what you are looking for... if analytics... there are better tools out there than TOS, and if execution, the same way... they might not be all in the same bundle.. but you get my point..

there are a lot of options traders on this forum, I would ask them what platform they think would suit your needs if you were to express your requirements.

#12     Mar 12, 2013
  3. cmb

cmb Guest

Does anyone here use IB with Esignal for options? I was wondering how it works out?

Ive been using Tradeking but I am about to start trading more seriously, so Im investigating the best account set up.

#13     Apr 14, 2013
  4. I cannot disagree with you here, I use both IB and Trademonster and I can say that Trademonster's execution is pathetic compared to IB.

However I will also say this: IB's trading platform is a MAJOR pain in the arse when it comes to trading option spreads. Trademonster's is much more friendly and fast when it comes to building and monitoring option spreads.

I don't know what kind of trading the OP does and I know it makes things more complicated but maybe the solution resides in using 2 brokers or more even though it gives him less barginning chips with each...

#14     Apr 15, 2013