Best broker for small account futures?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by IronFist, Jan 10, 2021.

1. tradeovate is great on customer service and the CQG connection is free using their platform

#11     Jan 11, 2021
  2. DevBru

DevBru

#12     Jan 11, 2021
    AMP_Futures likes this.
  3. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

AMP FLAT Pricing offer using any of our FREE Trading Platforms, such as MetaTrader 5, Sierra Chart, MultiCharts, TradingView, Jigsaw, CQG Desktop & CQG Mobile....

Exchange Fee $0.20
    CQG Order Routing Fee $0.10
    NFA $0.02
    AMP Clearing Fee $0.05

Total per Side $0.37

Available on all 40+ different trading platforms. Please use the AMP Exact Cost Calculator to confirm the total all-in price for any platforms that charge any additional per contract platform fees:https://portal.ampclearing.com/account/commissionquote.aspx

Day Trade Margins: https://www.ampfutures.com/trading-info/margins/

• Micro E-mini S&P 500 : MES = $40.00
    • Micro E-mini Nasdaq-100: MNQ = $100.00
    • Micro E-mini Dow: MYM = $50.00
    • Micro E-mini Russell 2000: M2K = $50.00
    AMP Account Minimum to get started is only $100.

https://news.ampfutures.com/cme-e-micro-indices-launched-ready-for-live-trading

#13     Jan 11, 2021
  4. Millionaire

Millionaire

Interesting that AMP have jacked RTY and M2K margin requirements.

RTY was recently $250 now $500, and M2K micro was i think $25 and now $50.

I suppose since RTY crossed $100K notional value threshold (2000 index price), it should be jacked up.

#14     Jan 11, 2021
  5. Millionaire

Millionaire

I just noticed NQ mini magin at AMP has been increased to $1000 (was $500), MNQ micro from $50 to $100,

@AMP_Global when did that happen and is it permanent?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    #15     Jan 11, 2021
  6. DevBru

DevBru

I just checked and on June 12th i received an email that margin levels were restored after a temporary increase.

These were the (restored) margin levels back then:

In the weeks after there was another temporary increases and restorement but nothing about a permanent increase, i can not check when the levels were increased since the last mail that actually contained a screenshot of the daytrade margins was that one above from June 12th.

I do however suspect these increases are permanent, since there was no communication about a temporary increase either. They must have "secretly" increased the levels somewhere around that period last year.

#16     Jan 11, 2021
  7. Millionaire

Millionaire

They might have happened start of this year, Jan 1st 2021.

I have already asked AMP_Global, so am waiting for him to clarify.

#17     Jan 11, 2021
  8. Do not think that low margins will help you make money... making money has nothing to do with low margins...

#18     Jan 11, 2021
    comagnum likes this.
  9. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

#19     Jan 11, 2021
  10. I tried a demo of infinity futures years ago. It came with sierracharts but it was a proprietary version lacking features.

#20     Jan 12, 2021