Best Broker for Real Time Quotes and Sign Up Deals

Discussion in 'Options' started by bgilbart, Dec 16, 2008.

1. bgilbart

bgilbart

Hello,

I'm planning on opening a new brokerage account for trading options after not having been able to day trade since I was working at an IB with a 1-week holding period.

I'm specifically looking at IB, TOS, TS, OX, TD Ameritrade, Options House.

Questions
    1). Which brokerages, if any, provide real time NBBO/Level II options quotes as part of their platform (i.e. without a monthly charge)

2). For those that do charge, what is the charge? Any thoughts on most dependable?

3). Which of these brokerages currently have free trades or other discounts associate with opening an account? I know that TD Ameritrade offers 100 trades free but not sure that's the best options platform.

Thank you for thoughts and input very much!
    Regards, Brian

2. MTE

MTE

TOS doesn't charge for real time data incl. level 2.

Check out broker reviews, but TOS is probably far ahead of its competition when it comes to an options trading platform.

At the end of the day, it's up to you to decide so why don't you just demo the platforms and decide which one you like.

Finally, a sign up deal is the last thing on my mind when it comes to choosing a broker, I think other things are far more important and add up to lot more over the long term than any sign up deal (unless it's free trades forever or something), but that's just me.

3. Those are equity, not option, trades.

Mark