Best Broker for IRAs

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by illinimatt81, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Opra

Opra

You can trade stocks, futures and options and currencies all in one IRA account if you are approved. No other brokers for retail traders I know of offer that. Viva IB.

#11     Oct 10, 2007
  2. Spunky

Spunky

Why do people complain about $10 a month inactivity fees when IB will pay you 30 times that much interest each month.

#12     Oct 10, 2007
  3. are you sure about futures in an IRA? don't futures require a margin account? I believe IRA's can not be margin accounts...how do they get around it?

#13     Oct 10, 2007
  4. These are all great thoughts, I am thinking IB might be best for my situation given I trade enough and have been satisfied.

#14     Oct 10, 2007
  5. GTC

GTC

At IB, you cannot convert regular-401k to Rollover/Traditional IRA to Roth IRA or vice versa in case you need it.

#15     Oct 10, 2007
  6. Spunky

Spunky

Here is what IB states on there web site.

"US resident customers may open cash or margin Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA). IRA margin accounts may never borrow, but are afforded all the other benefits of a margin account such as the ability to day trade, and the ability to trade multiple currencies and multiple currency products"

Yes that includes futures. I do it everyday

#16     Oct 10, 2007
  7. I didn't complain. I just tell the fact. Some people use IRA for long-term investing, and never trade with their IRA accounts. Don't understand why you think I can't afford $10.00 charge from my comment. :confused:

In fact, I have an IRA with IB, and I think it is great. I can trade future and future options with that account.

#17     Oct 10, 2007
  8. Spunky

Spunky

Yes you can convert regular 401k to rollover IRA. I have done it

#18     Oct 10, 2007
  9. I trade future option with my IB IRA account.

#19     Oct 10, 2007
  10. IB rocks in trading everything in IRA except for shorting stocks, since it by law cannot have Margin. With Ultrashort ETF's, futures and puts this has never been an issue in my IRA.

#20     Oct 10, 2007