Best broker and trading platform for E-mini?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by wallyx, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Another satisfied Open ECry user here. Above post says it all. Make sure to check them out.

http://www.openecry.com

#11     Oct 23, 2008
  2. Yiasou

Yiasou

I am a TradeStation user and annoyed that they have eliminated day-trading margin entirely. I understand that IB has also done so.

Those of you with other brokers - will you please indicate their current day-trading margin amounts? I understand that others might be following TradeStation and IB.

I trade the TF (formerly ER2) contract on ICE - and sometimes ES.

Thanks,

George

#12     Oct 23, 2008
  3. danek

danek

I am paying 2.4 per round trip on Tradestation with 1000 day margin.

I setup an account on IB, but now am told that there are no more intra day margins while the volatility is so hot. I checked back with Tradestation, and the broker told me that I am still at 1000 margin, but if I mess up, there will be no way to undo the reset to overnight margin at 4K.

I am pretty surprised that I am getting 2.4 round trip, but I checked the statement, and that is what it is.

I used to use Rosenthal Collins. 5 per round trip with 1K margin.

Really, if you find 500 margins, let us know...

#13     Oct 23, 2008
  4. TradeStation charges $2.40 RT plus exchange fees. If you don't see the exchange fees listed on the statement I'm sure that TradeStation will bill you later.

#14     Oct 24, 2008
  5. What do you mean by "mess up"? I am in the same boat... my daytrading margin is still intact, and I'd like to keep it that way. I only today noticed that it wasn't listed on their margin reqs page anymore...

#15     Nov 3, 2008
  6. I have been checking out the commissions and margins too recently, have not switched yet. For ES there are several brokers who have offered day margins: 400 Cannon trading, 500 at AMP futures and global futures. Commissions are fairly close at all of these at about 2.50 one way (after negotiating) but I have not found any with 2.40RT yet (perhaps 2.40 + 3.00 in exchange fees + platform fees). I am thinking of going with Cannon. Anyone has any comments on these?

I have tried the OEC platform. I put the IB and OEC side by side, the datafeed at OEC seemed to be behind IB.

Any one can help me with this: I have tried several demo platforms with DOM. I am looking for a platform which would have the ease of order management of these sofisticated platforms like NT, XT etc but have it in the IB line format (TWS: all quote and order mangement on one row) rather than from DOM window. Do you know of any platform that will fullfill those needs.

thank you.

#16     Nov 9, 2008
  7. Ares

Ares

ES 3.80 round trip all in (no hidden fees) with Ninja Trader with TT feed

http://www.tradewithvelocity.com/commissions/product-commissions.aspx?productID=46

#17     Nov 18, 2009
  8. #18     Nov 18, 2009
  9. #19     Nov 22, 2009
  10. Ares

Ares

Personally I prefer CQG Trader
    I am not interested in automated trading

#20     Nov 22, 2009