best books you've read on trading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Rocko1, Oct 5, 2006.

1. thanks a lot for all the replies. I am making a excel sheet containing the names of most recommended books. As of now, Black Swan, Stock Broker, Market Wizards, high probability trading are winning by a huge margin.

#111     Aug 22, 2011
  2. Lornz

Lornz

What leads to believe the most popular/recommended books are the most useful?

Most traders lose...

#112     Aug 23, 2011
  3. I am a complete newbie in trading..so take my words with lots of grains of salt.

While I tend to agree in trading it is not beneficial to follow the herd , in real life, (such as in choosing books to read), it is generally more productive to choose that which has been most recommended(in other words follow the herd). Its involves less risk compared to choosing one randomly.

Of course if you want to distinguish yourself and achieve high results, it is never good to follow the herd.

Since I am a complete newbie, I am not looking for a Holy Grail.(ET has lots of it lying around :)). As someone said in this thread, that if somebody has a great idea, he is never going to publish it. On the contrary, I am looking for general ideas on what to do, and on ideas of what leads to failure in trading.

I tend to think that these two topics might be well covered in books, because there is no additional profit which may come from hiding these from published/public knowledge.

#113     Aug 23, 2011
  4. For me some important and interesting books are:

The Secret of Candlestick Charting, by Louise Bedford

Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns (Wiley Trading) by Thomas N. Bulkowski

:cool:

#114     Oct 17, 2013
  5. +1

Although all trading books are pretty much useless.

#115     Oct 17, 2013
  6. roncer

roncer

I have gradually come to the understanding that the only book you really need to study............Is Your Own.

#116     Oct 17, 2013