Best books on currency trading

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Daal, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Daal

Daal

Which are some of the classic works on the topic?

2. truetype

truetype

Olsen's book is great. It's focused on high-freq FX trading. The introduction is online at Oanda.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Michael Rosenberg at Deustche Bank is one of the best.

This book is also good. Less technical then the one above but does a great job integrating FX with other markets.

4. Xela

Xela

Almost all the books from which I learned most that was helpful and relevant to currency trading weren't specifically "currency trading books", but rather "general trading books" all or most of whose content was directly applicable to forex trading, just as to the trading of other financial instruments.

I've listed them all toward the end of this post, if that helps.

5. margou

margou

Hi! I will recommend the following:
    • ForeX Trading for Maximum Profit: The Best Kept Secret Off Wall Street
    • Day trading and swing trading the currency market - Kathy Lien
    • Inside the Currency Market: Mechanics, Valuation and Strategies - Brian Twomey
    :D success!

6. Hello:
    - For technical analysis: Technical Analysis. The Complete Resource for Financial Market Technicians by Kirkpatrick and Dahlquist.
    - For overall formation, a classic is: Van Tharp - Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom.
    - I really recommend reading Wilder's New Concepts in Technical Trading System. It's the book where the RSI, Momentum Oscillator, ADX, and PSAR made their first appearance. It's an old book, but you can have great insights about how Wilder analyzed the market and the price movements to create these indicators.
    - Finally, if someday you decide to go to a new whole level of trading (The Quantitative trading), the best source is quantstart.com

Another book about currency trading is: Attacking Currency Trends by Mike Michalowsky. Easy to read and covers some fundamental stuff.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  7. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Everything you need to know can be fit on an index card.:D

Handle123 and comagnum like this.
  8. doggyfx

doggyfx

Romer D advanced macroeconomics I build my fundamental analysis on it.

mlawson71 likes this.
  9. There are a lot of good reads out there, but if you prefer a more convenient way, i mean in digital form, try to consider reading an eBook. In case you want to try this Forex eBook that i read before, it has exercise questions after every topic for a more comprehensive read.

10. doggyfx

doggyfx

Can you recommend any good trading webinars? For example from some broker or analytics service?

#10     Feb 3, 2017